Home
Posted By: rnr Skinner Sights IS all that - 07/26/12
So last week I ordered a 'Black Gold" rear sight for my Golden Mountie and when it showed up (two days after my order) it was obvious that it wasn't the correct sight for a 39A. So I gave Skinner a call and left a message. That evening I got a call from them and in fact, the people pulling parts from the warehouse had grabbed the wrong sight on mine and a few more orders.

They had a new sight in the mail the next day without knowing if I was returning the wrong one and even threw in a 'thanks for sending the other one back' gift.

That's what I call great customer service. I recommend Skinner sights to everyone here.
Posted By: eric65 Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 07/27/12
Dearly love mine, looks like it belongs there.
What are Skinner Sights. I just bought a Marlin 57 M would they be a good addition?
Posted By: Toolelk Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 08/02/12
Great folks and made in Montana!

http://www.skinnersights.com/
Posted By: jpretle Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 06/08/13
Thanks for that link Toolelk. Had never heard of Skinner sights, and they are just across the mountains from me.
Those that have them.

Was yours a tight fit. I just got mine a week or so ago and it was extremly tight and almost wouldn't go on.
Just installed A Skinner peep on my 94-22 mag.

GREAT sight and now my all-time favorite peep.

Virgil B.
I've heard a bunch of good things about them, and actually had a brief, but nice electronic conversation with Andy a year or so ago. Now that I'm ready to make a purchase, I've sent two different emails asking questions over the last two months, and zero reply. I don't know what's up, but they're not making it easy for me to spend my money with them.
Hello AZ. My apologies. You can contact us directly via the email link at www.skinnersights.com or email me at [email protected]. I answer emails several times a day and have no idea how yours was missed. Most questions can be found on our FAQ page. If you want to order, please do so directly from our website. I receive (and answer) about 50 emails a day and our FAQ page is designed to help make answers easily available. Phone calls are problematic since its difficult to hear and answer the phone while making sights. (Note: I signed into 24 hour Campfire to answer this thread after a friend texted to let me know you were trying to reach us) Hope that helps.

Andy
Sure...I understand how difficult it is to keep up these days, but I sure appreciate you reaching out to me. I'll send you my specific question via PM. Hopefully soon I can post my Skinner sight success on the Campfire. Thank you.
Thanks AZ.

I just checked in now to see if you had a chance to respond. Please.... Communicate with me via EMAIL. Not PM. I'll not be monitoring this forum since internet time is very limited. My Email address is: [email protected] If you do not receive a response, please check the address again. Email is working on this end as evidenced by the quantity received each day.

IF you are asking for something custom, please know that custom work is on hold at this time due to great demand for our stock items.

If your question pertains to front sight compatibility or if we make a sight for a (insert make and model here) rifle, if we are not listing it on our website, then it is not currently in production.

JUST A HUNTER: Rimfire receiver groove dimensions vary quite a bit, even in the same make and model of rifle. Consequently, our Rimfire sight (which is designed to be a close fit prior to clamping) is hand fit to our test rifles prior to final finishing. There may be larger dimensions out there however so please, if its too tight and you do not feel comfortable opening it up on your own, (with a small triangular file) please return it to us and I'll open it up for you.

Thanks Again,

ANDY
AZ,

Before logging out I did check the PM's and replied to yours there. Again, I will not be monitoring this forum so please use Email for future contact.

Thanks again,

ANDY
Prompt service ... ordered a 0.040 aperture last night and it was shipped today!
I let a couple peopel try my 22 with Skinner sight attached. From their comments I think there are 2 more fan in the works.
Posted By: Mink Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 02/02/14
Have two of them, great sights, fast shipping.
I bought one from him in Kalispell for a friend of mine hat had a home-made sight on his Marlin 1894 in 44 mag. He couldn't get his sight off and I still have this one new that I don't need.

They are a wonderfully made sight and very simple. If anyone is interested let me know, I don't have a gun to put it on. It is the Skinner "Express" M94EX...
Posted By: deflave Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 02/02/14
I just ordered one for a Browning SA 22. Excited to try it out.

Travis
Posted By: EdM Re: Skinner Sights IS all that - 05/14/14
I bought one years ago from the original owner for my Guide Gun and it has been fantastic. A load cheaper too as I really think it was more a hobby for Doc than anything. He created a great product for sure.
Because of this thread I learned about Skinner Sights and ordered a sight for my 336. Looking forward to receiving it.
Just received my sight and installed it. Got here fast and I liked that there was no un needed packaging like on some products. Hoping it works with the front sight I have. It is a replacement one with the hi viz red rod and was on here to work with a Lyman adjustable peep so I think I will be ok. Should find out this weekend.
© 24hourcampfire