Home
Posted By: markopolo50 Marlin 39a buttpad - 10/31/12
I need a buttpad for a 1957 39a. I have ordered two already and they don't fit worth a darn. One from Numrich and one from NC Ordnance. Any body have one to sell or can give me a place that might have one to fit?? Or is it hit and miss with the fit? I have precise dimensions but nobody list exact sizes. Any help would be appreciated

Mark
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 10/31/12
Are you talking about the factory plastic butt plate with the white spacer?

I just replaced the one on my 1978 model with a Pachmayr rubber pad.

It's not clear what your fit problem is. Are you expecting a replacement to be an exact fit? I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing that any replacement might need a bit of fitting. Obviously that would be feasible if the plate were a bit oversized. Too small would be a problem.

Paul
Posted By: markopolo50 Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 10/31/12
Yes the plastic buttplate and the white spacer. Both that I have are too small. I really want to stay with the original type, the one on there is chewed up on top. Fitting would be OK and probably the only way to go

Thanks

Mark
Posted By: buzardbait Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 10/31/12
Try going to marlinowners.com.Those guys usually have extra parts laying around and are looking for something to do with them.There are a lot of good guys on there that are willing to help.Give em a try, it can't hurt.
Posted By: markopolo50 Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 10/31/12
Thanks buzardbait, I will check them out.
Mark
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 11/02/12
Try Vintage gun grips in Florida. You will have to buy one "oversized" and gently sand it down to fit.
Posted By: markopolo50 Re: Marlin 39a buttpad - 11/06/12
That sounds like a viable option, that way I can get it to fit exactly. Thanks for all the tips. Hey I just checked Vintage gun grips and this is the first site that gives dimensions and center to center screw holes. Thanks again
© 24hourcampfire