Home
Posted By: wareagle Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13
Found myself today the proud owner of a 1965 Marlin 39M Mountie. As new. Not a scratch, bump, smudge, nothing, Nada, zip....

Pics coming tomorrow...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13
you suck.....
Posted By: mudstud Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13
Ditto
Hey, sucker.....It's tomorrow already. I hate broken promises......grin
Posted By: wareagle Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13
Gotta wait til the rain let's up, I don't believe in inside pics.
go whomp a wet skwirl. You can oil it up later.....
Check it out Beeches.. Don't hate me cuz you ain't me....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Now what should I scope her with? My eyes aren't good enough for irons or a peep anymore. I don't want to kill the lines of the rifle with some God awful ring and base set up either.
I have a cheap redfield 2-7 accu on mine. luv it......

[Linked Image]

now have the same on the 1894M....
[Linked Image]
couple more pics...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13
Originally Posted by wareagle
Now what should I scope her with? My eyes aren't good enough for irons or a peep anymore. I don't want to kill the lines of the rifle with some God awful ring and base set up either.

I believe the only option for a base is a weaver. You could warne rings on if you want it to look somewhat classy. I'd say either a fixed 4x or 6x is about right, might need to pull the leupy 6X36 off my airgun and put it on the 39. I'm currently using a cabellas 3X9. It works well enough but is just a bit out of proportion to the 39.

Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/18/13

Great snag!

Maybe put a Weaver 1.5-6x on it? LINK

You know, something for zombie squirrels... grin

Just kidding, I would put a 4x Burris mini (if you can find one) or an older Redfield 2 1/5X on it.

Ed
I'm already modifying her.. White line spacer had to go. The rest I'm good with....
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/19/13
gonna drill out, and plug the bullseye, too?
Posted By: wareagle Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/19/13
Thought about it but she's got a headache.
Go figure
Posted By: wareagle Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/19/13
Bring home 2 guns in one day and you'd think I called her momma the "C" word or something.
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/20/13
Hey Huntsman22 ,I've got a question I noticed. That your stock is checked and the forearm isn't ,I picked one up at a auction same deal except mine is a regular 39a ,do you know if the stock is a replacement ?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/20/13
Mine is. Previous owner broke the buttstock. He replaced it with the checkered one and dumped it to me, cheap.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/20/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Mine is. Previous owner broke the buttstock. He replaced it with the checkered one and dumped it to me, cheap.

Now shave those fat forearms down and you'd have great looking rifle. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tmitch Re: Happy Happy Happy - 10/21/13
Congrats, don't "modify" it up too much, it's a classic. What looks good is the old 3/4" Redfield 4x rimfire scopes. Can be found on GB or Ebay. I have an old 4x Weaver 3/4" steel tube on mine. Doesn't overpower the lines of that slick little carbine.
Posted By: 257 roberts Re: Happy Happy Happy - 11/13/13
Originally Posted by tmitch
Congrats, don't "modify" it up too much, it's a classic. What looks good is the old 3/4" Redfield 4x rimfire scopes. Can be found on GB or Ebay. I have an old 4x Weaver 3/4" steel tube on mine. Doesn't overpower the lines of that slick little carbine.
thats what I have on mine..1958 39a
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Happy Happy Happy - 12/21/13
mine wears a Leupold 2-7 Rimfire.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Happy Happy Happy - 12/23/13
Love those Mountie's!

Here's my 1946 M39 (pre "A" and pre white line spacers:) along with it companion K22 also mfg in 1946.
[Linked Image]

Still whacking Squirrels with the best of em.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm still getting along with peeps (barely) on the 39 and my 1894 but I've a 3-9 Sightron rimfire scope stashed away should that day come. I also have a 1-3X20 Weaver classic weighting for the 1894.
[Linked Image]

Enjoy that Mountie.

Posted By: AB2506 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 01/12/14
And why don't they still make the Mountie? I much prefer their looks to the model 39a.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Happy Happy Happy - 01/12/14
Looks? I'm partial to the 'feel' of the straight gripped stock and lever, and the 'balance' of the carbine length barrel....
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Happy Happy Happy - 01/13/14
I have had a 39A and a Mountie and let them go in trades. I have been trying to replace the Mountie for quite some time. I have come across several but I was preoccupied with another pursuit and missed the opportunity. They both have a deserved reputation for accuracy.
© 24hourcampfire