Home
Posted By: FieldGrade Finally quit raining. - 11/27/12
The sun finally came out yesterday so after catching up on some outside chores me and Pete the dog slipped off for a short afternoon hunt.
Put up two Roosters and a few hens in about an hours time. Killed one young Rooster and missed the other.
That's ok though. I never freeze birds or fish and one's all I can eat so I would have given any surpluss to my neighbors anyway.
[Linked Image]

Would have been a perfect afternoon cept ol Pete crapped in the trail and I forgot all about it and stepped in it on the way back to the truck. blush
Still better than watching it rain.

PS,,,, please don't tell my neighbor I missed what would have been their dinner. She might quit baking pies for me.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Finally quit raining. - 11/28/12
Send your extra rain down here to CA. We're dyin' here--the public lands are mostly closed because of fire hazard and the bird population is 'way down. Sucks.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Finally quit raining. - 11/28/12
^^

What he said, but in NV.

NICE photo. Thanks for sharing it with us. wink
Posted By: Mesa Re: Finally quit raining. - 12/03/12
We finally got a decent rainfall down here, but it seems to have fallen in places that don't really need rain, like Santa Monica where it all runs right out into the ocean! Nothing in the quail/chukar districts further north, according to Nat. Weather Service. Frustrating.
Posted By: rnovi Re: Finally quit raining. - 12/03/12
Still raining here in Anaheim...
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Finally quit raining. - 12/03/12
Still raining here and supposed to continue for several days. Yuck!
This has been the wettest Nov. ever. It's like living in a frikin petri dish for crying out loud.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Finally quit raining. - 12/03/12
Originally Posted by luv2safari

NICE photo. Thanks for sharing it with us. wink

Thanks Bruce

Neither Pete nor I are as gung ho as we once were, but I still love to see him work Pheasants so I try to get out every chance I can.
Now days I just take what I can eat and leave the rest for next time, but there was a time when nothing less than a limit would do.
© 24hourcampfire