Home
If you're into older SxS shotguns, I have a head's up. Ed Good in NH is an appraiser, and lists many older classic SxS shotguns on Gun Broker. I bought a vintage SxS from this company, but when I mounted the barrels, they were loose. I tried to return it, but was told that since the action is tight when the forend is attached, it is "shootable", and no return would be accepted. The forend is a part of the action's lock-up (???). I sent him several articles on checking a SxS for wear looseness just as I had done, and he said that was a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache. Steer clear.
He's notorious for "refinishing" beaters to pose well for the camera. He was doing this on GA, also.
Sounds like a real upstanding guy, some crooks will do anything to make a buck......
Cat
Yes, a number of folks have sent me links to other forums where it's the SOS with this guy. I posted detailed negative feedback on GB...hope that alerts someone looking at his crap.
Thanks, for the heads up! Although I don't purchase the amount of guns that most of you do, I do have a weakness for old SxS's .
I have always been lucky, but it would suck explaining to my better half why I needed another, when I knew it was a puscase.
Thanks. I have been looking at 311s and few Fox Bs on GB. I'll keep my eyes open for this seller.

Tony
He was recently banned from the Doublegun BBS for obnoxious behavior. The guys there have had a field day picking apart his atrociously "restored" guns that he tries to sell around the internet. He's best known for applying 'case colors' with an oxy-acetylene torch.
Yes, I saw that....I guess his reputation precedes him :-)
Is his Ed1 from Francestown NH? His stuff usually looks very good and he has an A plus rating. Just Curious, since I am following a few of his listings.
300Savage
Francestown is only 30 minutes from me.
Michael B.
© 24hourcampfire