Home
Posted By: luv2safari weaslesRus Saves the Day - 09/22/14
Jim invited me over to White Pine County to hunt high country blue grouse. We hunted two spots and found birds at both. Had I been able to lift my gun I'd have had two at least. I also crossed three fresh predator kills, probably by a bobcat. The kills were within a 40' radius.

Fortunately the only opportunity Jim was presented went his way, and he saved the day.

We saw a lot of great country and several bunches of mule deer. Grouse were present both places Jim said had birds; he knows of what he speaks! laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The dogs had a great time.
Nice looking dogs.
Bruce & Peggy are true class acts. He left out that he let me whack some rocks with his drilling, a 12X12X6.5mm. Having never even held such a beautiful apparatus, this was a treat. I see the love for 'em.

His dogs sure are trained. When I knocked down the grouse, one of 'em grabbed it and took it to Bruce.

My wife was initially hesitant about me hooking up with someone I'd only met online. After our visit she asked me why I didn't offer 'em a bed.

So next time don't get a motel, Bruce.
luv 2 saf great looking setters, you and them had a goodtime at it. heal up. Magnum Man
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

His dogs sure are trained. When I knocked down the grouse, one of 'em grabbed it and took it to Bruce.

Cookie is my "service dog". My handicap is my poor wing shooting, and she compensates for me. whistle whistle

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mesa Re: weaslesRus Saves the Day - 09/25/14
Bruce I got to get me one of those "service dogs," since I suffer from the same handicap....

Once had a golden retriever who would occasionally catch a phez in deep grass before anyone had a chance to shoot it. I let the hens go....
© 24hourcampfire