Home
My 13.5 year old GSP and I have been getting out 2-3 times each week looking for some pheasants. I'd like to get out more often, but Dub has a weak left shoulder now, and he needs at least 2 days of good rest between hunts. I hunt for only 2-3 hours each time we go out and he handles those shorter hunts well. I need to start looking for another dog!

Our pheasant numbers are still quite low due to two years of bad drought in 2012 and 2013 and some terrible hail storms the last three years. Lately we've had way above normal temperatures and what snow we had has melted. The birds are really wild now. A good cold spell with more snow might make them hold better for us. We have a great time even if we don't bring home any meat for the freezer.

A few pictures from this season so far. Our season ends on January 31st.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
4214chip
I would say the old lad is doing pretty well for his years and he looks like he is happy doing what he does best. Cheers NC
I love old dog's. My old Hannah, GSP, was about the same age on her last hunt. We had 6 dogs with us and she was the only one to produce a limit of bird's. After that hunt I retired her, I couldn't have handled it if she died in the field on me. So she came home for good. Gave me two and a half more years before her end. God do I miss her!
Good to hear you and the old one are getting some hunting in.. We are leaving soon for a pheasant trip.. My oldest golden is 10.5 she gets around very well.. But they younger one is aball of fire.. Nice birds..Great photos..many thanks..
Great looking dog! thanks for the pictures!
Dog doing what he loves to do. Great pics and memories. Hasbeen
Great bird hunting pictures, especially in the snow!
I wish I lived where I could hunt Pheasants again. Dub doing what he loves! Great pictures and a beautiful GSP. Enjoy your days with him, as I know you are.
What a Great old warhorse! I especially love that last photo. cool
© 24hourcampfire