Home
Posted By: G23 Last hunt of the season - 01/19/15
Since I have commitments the next two weekends, I figured today would be my last chance to get a little pheasant hunting in. Thankfully it wasn't as windy as yesterday so I headed out this morning with my two labs, Jack (yellow)and Jill (black). I don't know how many more years Jack has left in him as he some muscle/ligament damage on one of his hind legs so I thought it would be nice to get one more hunt in this year.

First place I went was a quarter section of CRP. It has milo stalks on two sides and a food plot in the back corner. This is a place I like to save for myself late in the year. I started along one side and hadn't gone more than a hundred yards and a rooster gets up. Luckily my shot was true and the first rooster of the day was in the bag. Kept working the sides next to the milo, kicked up several hens and some flushed wild. For once, Jill was really working well this morning so I was just enjoying watching her.

About 10 yards into the food plot and another rooster gets up. Bang! bird goes down. Two shots, two birds. I decide that's a good way to end the season and head for the truck.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Last hunt of the season - 01/19/15
I'd take it too.

Yet again I got out for the opener with full intentions of going back out a couple times later in the year, then too many other things going on. I've got to prioritize better.
Very nice.. Great ending..
Posted By: Odessa Re: Last hunt of the season - 01/22/15
Great way to end the season - nice dogs!
Fantastic way to wrap the season up, well done!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Last hunt of the season - 01/23/15
Very nice indeed!
Posted By: battue Re: Last hunt of the season - 01/24/15
Two wild Roosters to end the year. Doesn't get much better. Congrats!!!!
© 24hourcampfire