Home
Posted By: ribka Fall 2015-possible get together - 03/08/15
Starting to plan my 2015 upland schedule.

Anyone interested in a group hunt in MT and ND for pheasants and sharptails? DYI and if interested set up a few days of tresspass hunts in ND or SD for pheasants.

For those like to fly fish a day or two on the Big Horn. I know river fairly well.

And possibly a separate hunt in ID or OR for chukars?

Thinking last part of Oct or first week Nov timeframe

This sounds like a lot of fun.. I am not sure about the chukars, but pheasants and sharpies are more my speed.. Much depends on the special permits we draw this fall.. An excellent chance for a sheep tag.. That would be pretty important..
ribka I might be able to. Keep me posted on your plans. Maybe I can get Battue too! We don't really need him, but his dog is worth having along......
Well Toby said if you are in he would consider. grin

However, at 10 Toby has slowed down and in fact has just recovered from a serious prostate infection that had us concerned. Couldn't go to the BR was my first clue. Then he shut down on eating and became real lethargic. All three symptoms were extremely odd for him. After two days I had him at the Vet.

He had a pretty good fever. They did a sonogram and a bunch of blood tests which told the tale. After three days on the antibiotic he finally came around.

Looking for a backup for him to lead around and show him/her the ropes.

Funny thing was I had just been giving him a new food that didn't have any corn. Now we know that didn't cause the problem, but you can't tell him that. He will not touch the stuff. Gives it a sniff, looks up at me and says, "No way!!!!" Put his old food into the dish and he dives in. grin
Glad to hear Toby is ok.. My old pal, Peach is 11, face is turning white.. They age so fast.. Seems like yesterday she was a pup..
Thanks,

I do my best to ignore years but when the Vet mentioned he was 10, it made me wonder where the years went. However, they couldn't have been better.
If guys want to hunt SD i have a nice house I rent which has great pheasant hunting close by. Five bedroom/two bathroom accommodates six guys very nicely. Set up great for dogs too. Just an option and I have a few good dates available. PM me if interested.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Battue glad to hear Tobey is better! I'll give you a call when I get back from MT.
thinking end of Oct. Possibly last week

Will keep updated for those interested
This interests me.

Travis
Me too, but I don't know if the area could support the killing me and flave would inflict...
Hope the other guys don't mind me kicking my dog and ground-pounding the birds.

Travis
I hope you don't mind me doing that to you...
Used to it.

Travis
Thanks

Will reach out to you

Travis others welcome

Training a new griff puppy .She is coming along really well

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dukxdog
If guys want to hunt SD i have a nice house I rent which has great pheasant hunting close by. Five bedroom/two bathroom accommodates six guys very nicely. Set up great for dogs too. Just an option and I have a few good dates available. PM me if interested.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That pad in SD seems pretty tempting.

I haven't hunted out there since I was a kid.

Travis
I will be just west of the NoDak-SoDak border around that time.
I would probably be able to make a few day hunts.
Always good to have some folks to help tire out a GSP.
Speaking of Griff pups. Here's my 14 month old.
We were out doing a little training Sunday.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by willhunt4
Speaking of Griff pups. Here's my 14 month old.
We were out doing a little training Sunday.

[Linked Image]

Good looking pup!

Bump

I am getting ready by practicing at flying targets with a 45-70...

[Linked Image]
I've got a 870 with a plywood stock that's a killing machine.
I'd like to stay in the loop with this especially if it take this Hole-in-the-Wall gang to SD. I'm only 2-4 hours away and have to add that if you havent seen the pheasant action in Dakota South in some time, the Good Old Times may be there again. At least in some parts.

Amazing. And you don't need a 45/70.

Edit: some buds and I took 92 birds in a couple of days last Nov with blue-bird days and almost non-stop cackling. 'Course it could also be ten degrees with snow going side-ways that time of the year.
I may be able to go, my usual deer hunt in Nebraska looks like it's going away and I'll be taking my two setters to Michigan first week in Oct. So if its not too much trouble keep me posted [email protected]
Bump

Doing research and looking to book a few days on pay to hunt in SD too
Keep me posted. My fat dogs and their fat hunter need to get onto birds. Our prolonged drought has the chuckar and quail way down.

I'll hunt anything upland and love pheasant and huns. I'm a frustrated sharptail hunter and need my cherry busted. shocked
up
A little more than 3 months away...

Working my young griffon on pigeons today

My friends in MT say the mild spring is indicating a good bird crop this year laugh
If it isn't too late, I would be interested. I have a GSP that I could bring along.

[email protected]
ribka

I'd be interested in a pheasant hunt in either ND or SD if that works out.

WN
Update on available dates at the house:
Oct 16-22 (season opening week) 6 guys
Oct 23-28 two guys
Nov 15-19 four guys
Nov 20-24 two guys
Dec 1-5 four guys

Spots are getting taken. Let me know if you'd like to be included. 208-709-2919

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Hunter's bunkhouse

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Dog's bunkhouse
[Linked Image]

I posted this elsewhere but will add it to this thread: the SD, 2015 August, pheasant count was up 42% state wide over last year.

© 24hourcampfire