Home
Posted By: RIO7 Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
This is a bumper crop year for Quail in S. Texas, I am herding Quail with my jeep each morning as I check on the water wells and windmills, now if we can only get to hunting season without a big freeze, we are going to have a great year. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
What kinds of quail have you got...I heard and saw a few bobwhites down there this spring....
Posted By: milespatton Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
Hell, I thought that you had a lot last year. I haven't seen quail like that for lots of years. The good news is that I have seen a couple of coveys near me, this early fall. miles
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
Miles last year was a really good year this year is going to be a whole lot better, glad to hear you have some quail up your way take care of them you may have them coming back up there, when you get to walking better we need to go on a quail and deer hunt this fall. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
ingwe, We mostly have Bobwhite with a few Blue's up on the North Ranch, we have been swimming and road working our dogs for about 2 weeks they should be ready for opening day. Big Smile! Rio7
Posted By: bea175 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
Quail are like the Dinosaurs here, extinct.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/26/15
when you get to walking better we need to go on a quail and deer hunt this fall

I am ready for all three of those things, especially the walking better. miles
Posted By: milespatton Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/29/15
Blue, I was talking with a neighbor this morning and he told me that he ran a quail off of a nest of eggs just last week. Awful late in the year for that here. miles
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/29/15
Saw more quail this weekend at the south Texas place than Ive seen in 25+ years!!!! I can just imagine how they are at your place Blue!!!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/29/15
Miles, we still have baby birds the size of sparrows, haven't seen any chicks lately, don't know how many hatch's we have had this year for sure but am thinking 4 1/2 so far.

Bob, we usually have more quail down here than they have up by Fal. I am tickled they are going to have a good year up there. should be one Hell of a Quail season, I bought 5 more dogs today, that makes 34 pointers, some of my best dogs are starting to get old it's time to get some replacement dogs going. rio7
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 09/29/15
My buddy west of Wichita Falls has blues for the first time in about fifteen years, maybe more. I'm happy that they are back. And turkeys galore. Can't tell about the deer yet as the brush is so thick.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 10/01/15
I haven't seen a quail in 10 years around Nebraska. I loved hunting them over a good GSP! Great table fare as well! Good hunting.
Posted By: ribka Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 10/02/15
E WA has had a very dry year and has been very good for quail, chukar Huns. I see at least 50 to 100 when I drive to work every day. Hit at least a few a week in fall with my truck

Upland opens tomorrow. wink
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 10/05/15
We started doing our annual deer survey today, we flew the south ranch counting deer, while we were counting deer we counted Quail coveys, we counted 511 coveys today, and still have 2 more days of surveying to do. I am very pleased with our Quail numbers. Rio7
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Quail+Quail+Quail - 10/11/15
Originally Posted by RIO7
We started doing our annual deer survey today, we flew the south ranch counting deer, while we were counting deer we counted Quail coveys, we counted 511 coveys today, and still have 2 more days of surveying to do. I am very pleased with our Quail numbers. Rio7

Holy Schit! And 34 pointers? When did you die and go to heaven?
© 24hourcampfire