Home

A Beretta 470 Silver Hawk 12 and one rooster per barrel.

[Linked Image] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Georgedevries/IMG_0245_zpsed5b5tgx.jpg
Nice!!!! Now for the beeeeg question; both dead in the air on a simultaneous lift off? A proper English right and a left? grin

Ahhh, makes little difference, good shooting. wink

😊 Yes; the right was at about 2 O'clock, and about thirty yards while the left took a bird at about 10 O'clock and at thirty-five yards, so a fast pirouette in there and no time to think.

So that you know I'm not just bragging, I admit I missed a "lay-up" double last week on two roosters that flushed only ten yards away and flew away in tandem as it were. I'm still convinced there was no shot in those two shells. 😜😃
Nice and a little bragging is allowed. Bird hunters know good work when they see it.

Back when we had a true plethora of Rugged Grouse, I missed soooooo many chances on a "real" double that to this day when the Dog is hot they sometimes flashback. Never did pull it off.

Almost had one on Pheasants this year, but the second Bird was a tad tardy on liftoff.

Sure feels great when it comes together. Good concentration and shooting!
A thing of beauty.
Nice shooting George.

But if you carried an auto, you'd be hoping for triples. Not doubles... grin

Travis
That's kinda what a few of my friends say. But Iowa's limit is three per day--no need to be in such a hurry.

Edit to add: I can't remember ever having the opportunity of shooting a triple on wild roosters. If it would occur I'd think it would take the eye-hand coordination and speed of a very elite shooter. An opportunity for a true double is rare in itself.
Nice. Sometimes hunting with others using semi autos I wonder if they miss more because they rush the shot knowing they have the extra followup shots.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
That's kinda what a few of my friends say. But Iowa's limit is three per day--no need to be in such a hurry.

Edit to add: I can't remember ever having the opportunity of shooting a triple on wild roosters. If it would occur I'd think it would take the eye-hand coordination and speed of a very elite shooter. An opportunity for a true double is rare in itself.

Drive out here next season. grin

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Drive out here next season. grin

Travis

I would like that but aren't you (like) in Canada? 🤔 😀
Close.

But as long as you only shoot at the south bound birds, you'll be legal.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire