Home
Posted By: eamyrick Dove Questin - 08/30/16
I've been in Central Texas for a bit now with work and was able to get a dove lease North of Austin. Tons of cut corn on the ground and two tanks with creek. I'm seeing very few doves in the evening a season opener is Thursday. We've recently had a lot of rain and I'm thinking maybe the availability of water has the birds spread out.

Anyone have thoughts?
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Dove Questin - 08/30/16
Don't know for sure if it's coincidence or not but any year I can recall a noticeable drop in temperature before opening day after a lot of hot days there are less doves where we hunt. Still gotta go.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Dove Questin - 08/30/16
Something is different this year, I'm near Kansas City and we haven't seen the influx of doves we normally see each year.

Not sure if it's the rain, or the heat, but we aren't seeing them as we normally do.

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Dove Questin - 08/30/16
I'm seeing a ton of them at the Ranch.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Dove Questin - 08/31/16
With this cooler weather your won't see the numbers you usually would otherwise.
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Dove Questin - 08/31/16
Luckily there are a lot of days in the season and the birds are bound to come in sometime. Need to shoot my pile of wingmasters I have collected over the year.
Posted By: ryanjay11 Re: Dove Questin - 09/01/16
Plenty of Doves in Missouri this morning for the season opener.

[Linked Image]

It was cool enough that I suspect you'll see them pushing south soon.
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Dove Questin - 09/02/16
Slow start but nice long season this year.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Dove Questin - 09/03/16
Our doves here in Oregon are psychic. The all leave the day before the season opener. The also leave signs telling the more northern birds not to stop here.
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Dove Questin - 09/03/16
They really started flying today. Had a few days without rain and they started moving. Got 12 in about 1 1/2 hours. Missed to many to tell.
© 24hourcampfire