Home
Posted By: lubbockdave whats the difference? - 01/21/17
between a target load and a game load? silly question, I know...but I am learning!
Posted By: Snyper Re: whats the difference? - 01/21/17
Target loads tend to be lighter in both powder and shot.
Posted By: battue Re: whats the difference? - 01/22/17
Good target loads will have harder shot for better patterns. Will have 7/8, 1 or 1 1/8 ounce of shoot in the 12Ga and will be found in 9, 8 and 7.5 shot sizes.

The promo field loads will have soft shot. Although you can find good field loads with larger shot sizes that use harder shot.
Posted By: rondrews Re: whats the difference? - 01/23/17
Dave, you need not feel apprehensive about asking a question. That's what these forums are for. Your question is a good one. The last two posts should answer your question. These two guys are right on.
If you are after some birds, by all means use the game loads. But, target loads will work also on small birds. If you are going to shoot at clay pigeons, use target loads. I think shot size is more important. I would not shoot smaller than 7-1/2 on A Grouse, Pheasant or any upland bird other than Quail or Dove. That could open more discussion, but it's just my opinion. Also it never hurts to shoot at a piece of paper 3'X3' and see what you get. Sometimes different guns handle different loads differently.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: whats the difference? - 01/28/17
Took me lots of reading before I found the answer. Harder shot.
© 24hourcampfire