Home
Posted By: GuyM Pheasant with my son - 01/28/17
I'll take a day like this anytime. He had to work this morning, then we headed out to the "hunt club." No, these aren't wild birds. Found five, knocked down four. The dog worked wonderfully. We stopped for an early dinner on the way home. All is well.

[Linked Image]

It's nice being able to spend some time afield with the young man.

Regards, Guy
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/28/17
Excellent!

Good looking kid.

The dog on the other hand could use a shave. wink
Posted By: battue Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/28/17
Congrats on a great day.
Posted By: GuyM Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/28/17
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Excellent!

Good looking kid.

The dog on the other hand could use a shave. wink

I think the young fellow needs a shave and a haircut! smile Dog is a little shaggy too - but it's winter, I let him get kind of shaggy this time of year.

Guy
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/28/17
I was just funnin....trust me...I'm no one to talk....especially since I retired....

Kudos for spending time with your boy.
He looks like a fine lad.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/29/17
Nothing like "Really" hunting together with your son that bird hunting offers. A good day afield for all.

Doc
Posted By: rifletom Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/29/17
Excellent doc! For both of you. Doc, what shotgun is your son holding?
Excellent!! I try to hit one each winter.. All days afield with my dogs are wonderful...
Posted By: rondrews Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/30/17
I used to raise GSP's for hunting and Field trials, but I alway's wanted a Wirehair. Some guys I used to hunt with had a couple. Nice animals. Too bad I never got out of the Shorthair groove. Looks like a nice Dog you have there How old is it?
Posted By: pointer Re: Pheasant with my son - 01/30/17
Very nice! I'm hoping Hank is just hitting his stride when my boys can start shooting birds. Looks like a great day!
© 24hourcampfire