Home
Posted By: redcloud Remington RB Under Levers - 01/16/10
Need Info. to biuld a Remington Rolling Block Under Lever. Interested in the FW Freund design of March 1875. These rifles were from the Wyo. Armory in Chey., Wy. Would be interested in any RB Under Lever Info. Have Equipment to reproduce any rifle from bar stock. For personal use only.
How,

.....pages 44 and 45 of Old Frank De Haas's " Mr Single Shot's
Gunsmithing Idea Book" ISBN 0-8306-0111-2.........

those pages comprise a "Centerfold" ,....full scale RB action cutaway drawing, with LOTS of alphabetically coded detail notes below. Pages 43 to 48 are comprised of a full round up on the thing,....in his inimicable, clear text.

........according to De Haas, " Freund obtained a patent on this conversion ( #160,762),......" goes on to say " The patent drawings do not show all the details of it's construction, but let me assure you that Freund's conversion is not easy to duplicate."

I reckon the large drawing I have in front of me is the DeHaas
Version,........like a lot of his designs, it's VERY "Busy".

I'd advise sacrificing a RB action into a "cutaway" fixture, before attempting this little stunt.

That book can be hard to find, lemme know if you need photocopies.

GTC
Posted By: redcloud Re: Remington RB Under Levers - 01/16/10
Thanks so much for your reply. We have on hand a number of RBs in various stages. We have done a number of side levers etc. We have done one under lever. Most interested in the Wyoming Armory Freund RB. We are retired and build rifles for the fun of it. We also shoot Sharps Matches in the Big Horn Basin,Wy. Montana, and Raton, NM. I have sent you an E-Mail.
© 24hourcampfire