Home
Preparing to load for .25-20 Single Shot. Bertram and Jamison brass available from Buffalo Arms.

Have heard mixed reports about Bertram quality, no reports about Jamison.

I don't expect anyone else to be currently messing with this cartridge, but I would ask for any experience you may have with these manufacturers regarding other unusual cartridges you have loaded for.

Thanks. (This posted in forums: BPCR, Single Shot, Reloading)
If you haven't done so, you might try the ASSRA forum. www.assra.com

Paul
Graf & Sons has both brands cheaper than Buffalo:
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/675?
I have had good luck with Jamison in 45-110. Bertram in that caliber was junk, and I mean JUNK.
The Bertram brass I've used has been pretty poor quality stuff, most of it split lenghtwise on the first shot.
Jamison has been pretty top notch stuff. Besides all that they make their brass right there in South Dakota and have been exceptionally responsive to requests for additional cartridges. They've come brought about 6 different cartridges to production due to shooter requests in the last year.
Years ago I bought some Bertram brass for my 1886 Win. in 40-82. I had to outside trim the necks on every case before they would chamber. After that it's been good brass but I don't believe I'll be buying any more.
Seems Jamison is the way to go, and with these (less than mixed now) reports toward Bertram, hard to see how they'll get my business (or others), except in the areas Jamison does not yet cover.

Paul39, and hclark, thanks for your suggestions (Graf and ASSRA). I thought there might be a better site for these questions, and I'm on my way to ASSRA now.
© 24hourcampfire