Home
Posted By: KineticPerformance bullet lube? - 02/14/12
Has anyone ever tried lubing bullets with Castrol Wax Sticks?
Posted By: interthem Re: bullet lube? - 02/14/12
SPG is the best, why fool around ?
Posted By: KineticPerformance Re: bullet lube? - 02/14/12
because I have a lot of it. it works for sizing jacketed and solid bullets. wondered if it would lube a lead slug.
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: bullet lube? - 02/14/12
Only way to find out is to try it. Worst that can happen is you'll have a lot of lead to mine out of the barrel, and accuracy not worth a flip.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: bullet lube? - 02/15/12
If the " Castrol Wax Sticks" are the ones one uses on bandsaw blades, kinda' putrid green color, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

If you won't try it I WILL.....and I'll send you fourteen different other concoctions to try in trade

Garbe won't hate ya', he gives less of a chit what you use on YOUR bullets.

Luck

GTC

Posted By: KineticPerformance Re: bullet lube? - 02/17/12
Here it is:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=505-2034

I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: bullet lube? - 02/17/12
Yah, I used to use that stuff on bandsaw blades, and BELT SANDERS of all things,.....messy as hell, but the belt won't clog when doing aluminum.

Luck,

GTC
Posted By: chesterpulley Re: bullet lube? - 02/17/12
I've got a big gob of that in the toolbox, maybe I need to throw it in the lube pan. Seems like something extra to stiffen it up a little might be in order though.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: bullet lube? - 02/18/12
Beeswax,....done deal
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: bullet lube? - 02/22/12
If shooting BLACKPOWDER....use a lube DESIGNED FOR BLACKPOWDER!! If you use anything else....go on out behind the barn and 'choke ya chicken' for all the good it'll do!!
Posted By: KineticPerformance Re: bullet lube? - 02/22/12
I'm not gonna do either. I'm shooting it with smokeless.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: bullet lube? - 02/22/12
Aha! Of course you can go whatever way trips your trigger, but I'll point out that this forum is about Black Powder Cartridge Rifles, so the responses you have received have been in that context.

That's the main reason why, awhile back, a few of us prevailed on Rick to carve this section out from Single Shots, where folks who mostly favor smokeless powder in single shot rifle share their interests.

You might find the info you are seeking by posting your question there.

Paul
© 24hourcampfire