Home
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Paul Jones Moulds - 12/28/12
Was down on the bullet casting forum and thought I'd put my question out for all you braniacs that visit here.Just wondered about the Paul Jones moulds, they have a nice selection in 45 cal in particular the Creedmore 545gr semi-spitzer #45002 for long range work.All comments or flame appreciated. grin

http://www.pauljonesmolds.com/45_caliber.htm
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: Paul Jones Moulds - 12/28/12
Paul Jones moulds are first rate, along with Brooks, Buffalo Arms, Fred Leeth, and others.
Also never over look the excellent quality bullets that Saeco moulds cast.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Paul Jones Moulds - 12/29/12
I hear nothing but good about his work. I was going to use him as a source some time back, but he had some health issues and was out for a bit. Glad he's up and running again.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Paul Jones Moulds - 12/29/12
Unlike some, I never make categorical recommendations like "Ya gotta get Brand X, because it is the BEST!!!". or "All the top shooters use Brand X, so you should too".

That said, Paul Jones moulds are the benchmark by which other brands are judged. They are second to none.

I shoot the Jones Creedmoor in my .40-82 and .45-90. Jones also makes a Money design, which is also a popular long range bullet, and is claimed to have better long range ballistics than the Creedmoor. I shoot a Buffalo Arms paper patched Money bullet out to 1000 yards in my .45-70.

Paul

© 24hourcampfire