Home
not like ive got money to spend right now but ran across one in the original 12.17
One has to handle, peruse, and work with Remington's Custom built Sporters, and Target rifles of that era to find quality that equals that of the Nordic rollers.

Head and shoulders above the standard Remington produced Mil-spec stuff, in fit and finish.

GTC
fixing to pull the trigger on a swede as soon as I get the underhammer finished.

All I have left is the rear sight and metal finish.

I pm'd sheridan my rolling block search site, so he can enjoy as well.

He called me an "enabler"

is that a dirty word?
I've often heard the Swede Rollers were very well made. Saw one a few years ago that was an arsenal conversion to 8mm. Looked very nice. A fellow Shooter had one and sold it as the chamber supposedly was reamed to accept the .45-70, but the fired case either stuck in the chamber or split. I later heard that in the late 1950's-early 1960's, importers often reamed the chambers to .45-70 in attempt to sell a rifle that would shoot more readily available ammunition.

Before laying down the money, I would make sure that: (a) brass and dies were available, (b) someone had not tried to ream the chamber to the US 45-70 or 50-70 cartridge.
They are.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Craigster,
Is that an 8x58R conversion?
Any idea where to get dies and brass?
lngrng, rattler, et al.-

I used a Swede 8x58R to take a pig in this years 24hr TN hog event.

See my post of 03/14/14 in the hog hunt thread for photos and load details, including brass.

LINK to hog post

I'll attempt to answer more detailed questions, although the subject is mostly off-topic for a black powder forum.

If you do pick up a roller in 8x58R, avoid the smokeless loading data in Cartridges of the World.

--Bob
Ingrng,

Yes, it's one of the conversions. Dies and brass are available from Buffalo Arms. I use 8x56R brass and fire form. Good info on the rifles @ http://dutchman.rebooty.com/rb.html.
Those Christiana Arsenal 8mm barrels are some of THE finest cast bullet barrels ever cut,....ANYWHERE, Any WHEN.

They like heavy slugs, too.

Chamber lengths DO vary, Clive Barker wrung alla that out in one of his SSE articles, IIRC.

GTC

GTC
© 24hourcampfire