Home
Posted By: Ranch13 While you guys stayed home - 09/22/14
grin a bunch of us went to the BPTR nationals at Raton.
I had a real good time that ended on an unbelievable high.
Got the high Marksman medal, then got super lucky in the drawing and won the longrange rife donated by CPA, fitted with a 45-90 barrel provided by Buffalo Arms and long range sights from Steve Baldwin.
[Linked Image]
Outstanding!!! I'm not a BPC guy, but most firearms interest me a great deal.. Congrats..
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/22/14
You need to get hooked up with Jimbo Terry over there and let him do the convertion on ya.
congrats! sweet prize!
Thanks. Just talked to Kathi at Jamison brass, and she says they are getting ready to make a run of 45-90's. As well as their 44-77 brass works for me, I'm thinking this new CPA rifle deserves the best.
Outstanding... congrats! Pics of the prize when you have time smile
13, there is a guy up the street from me that has a license plate that says BPCR.. Could this be the guy you mentioned??
Yup that'ld be him. One of the top competitors in the country, maybe the world.
FWIW Midway has Starline .45-90 brass in stock, right now. I just grabbed a couple hundred myself last week.
I have a few stretched Remingtons, and some of the scrapline stuff, but I'll wait for the Jamison for serious load work.
Congratulations, Don! Look forward to the range report on that beauty!

Ed
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/23/14
Thanks Ed
Posted By: Paul39 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/23/14
A big congrats, Don. But do tell, what don't you like about Starline brass and why do you prefer Jamison?

Paul
Well done, Cowboy !

Didja' get a little damp ?

GTC
Originally Posted by Paul39
A big congrats, Don. But do tell, what don't you like about Starline brass and why do you prefer Jamison?

Paul

Thanks Paul. It's to hard,there is absolutely no reason to have brass that hard, and have to anneal it before it works. The 40-65 brass looks like it's half starved to death, one should not see the case web from the outside of brass fresh out of the factory box.
In the 1/2 dozen handgun cartridges I've shot the stuff in it will not come anywhere near the accuracy of Remington, Winchester or Federal...
Other than that I guess it's alright.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Well done, Cowboy !

Didja' get a little damp ?

GTC

Thankyee kind sire.

Yup, still get a little teared up...
She's gonna shoot with a bit of load development. The design of the stock 600 yds is as close as it's gonna get.
81 grs. Olde Eynsford 1.5, RCBS 82084 bullet.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
YeeHaa! That'll do! grin

I used to have the same opinion of Starline brass because of my handgun brass experiences. Then, I bought 200 pieces of Starline .45-70 brass to go with my new Shiloh because I couldn't find any Remington or Winchester, much less Jamison.
My Starline brass isn't too hard. It seals the chamber quite nicely, I get consistent bullet pull, and it is very consistent in weight and other dimensions.

Ed
Don, has that particular CPA got Shuttleworth's "Through Bolt" adaptation ?

....BEST triggers in the game, as long as that spindly .32-40 sized lower tang don't get flexed, if you follow my drift.

GTC
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/24/14
Greg it's a Shuttleworth gun.
That trigger set up is just a dream. You lay in there and get the target centered, gently squeeze that front trigger and the thing is off and running and the sights never move until the recoil hits.
Dang thing is probably gonna shoot good enough to kick me out of the Marksman class and make me shoot with the big boys...
Posted By: Kodiak Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/25/14
Nice pic, cowpoke!

Some ol' shooters got it ... some of us don't.

Well done, Don.

Jim
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/25/14
Thanks Jim.
Nice daze, no?
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/26/14
Absolutely, even without the prizes, shooting the nationals there at the Whittington is a grand experience.
Some day when I grow up...
Just ran across this Don! Great job, keep up the good work!
Posted By: Kitch Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/27/14
45-90...I remember that caliber well. You're a better man than me, Don. I'll bet you guys had a marvelous time. That barrel looks like it's a good 32" long.
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/27/14
Originally Posted by Timberlake
Just ran across this Don! Great job, keep up the good work!

Thanks George, hope to see ya there next time.
Kitch, it's 34 inch barrel, heavy enough recoil isn't bad at all.
Posted By: 303mike Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/27/14
Don, When do I get to shoot it? Shoot sharp, Mike
Soon as you get down here for a long range match.. The sights won't let a fella shoot much under 600 yds, with the high comb.
Helluva day Ranch, did you buy a powerball tic on this day too? smile
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: While you guys stayed home - 09/28/14
No, I figured I had used up enough luck for now, best to save some for later.
I'm hearin' ya loud and clear. grin
© 24hourcampfire