Home
Yesterday was my son Jeremy's 40th B-day so we celebrated this afternoon with launching big PP bricks at the gong,checking several new loadings on paper and blowing up quart and gallon water filled milk jugs at ranges out to 300 yds. Super day to shoot the big gun with very light winds from the NNE at 5. But 45 rds of 45/110 with a 519gr PP over 100 grs of KIK 2F off the bench tends to rattle old and young bones alike! laugh

A most perfect day for a father son outing.. smile

In case you noticed I took the vernier off as he can't shoot it just yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even caught some nice gills.. grin

[Linked Image]
Is it legal to load artillery with lead bullets?

D

PS: looks like a great day.
grinNow Jeremy's gonna want one!!! grin How'd he do on bangin' the gong??? grin
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Is it legal to load artillery with lead bullets?

Dan...Maybe since it's patched they'll let it slide.. grin

Jim,
He does OK on the gong but we're still treading on the light side from his shoulder surgery.He has to use my padded shooting glove for a buffer as the recoil off the bench is quite stout.

grinI've heard those things kick grin Looks like a FINE day ya had there pilgrim!! grin
Love the pics with the cloud of smoke!
Jorge, I got your smoke right here. 8 bore...

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v298/muddler/Guns/Black%20Powder/IMG_2920_zpszkdzdagv.mp4
Gunner has an 8 bore. It's fairly energetic in recoil. That's with his "mild" loads crazy grin
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Gunner has an 8 bore. It's fairly energetic in recoil. That's with his "mild" loads crazy grin

Big dudes need big guns.. grin
That was a mild load in the video. Was shot at the range in Sierra Vista, belongs to CFO.

grin grinDUDE, ya have a definite talent for understatement!!! grin
smile the big kickers may be coming to an end for me. Shooting this 9 lb .475 Turnbull with 500 gr heavy loads seem to have my shoulder complaining a lot.

Why?
Originally Posted by Kitch

Why?

He's shot glass most of his life but wants to get proficient with open sights like he's shooting on my Marlin 444 first.I feel this is a natural progression and the correct way before tackling a vernier.
When he gets there he'll love them. Even these old 68 year old eyes do well with them on the 45-70.
10-4.. I really enjoy the vernier and it's improved my sight acquisition by at least 40%.It's perfect for the long range open ground we hunt where our deer rarely see orange..Won't be long till there's a tang on the Marlin either.. grin
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Mark you been polluting the air with your 50 lately? grin

[Linked Image]
My shooting of late has been testing out self defense loads in various handguns to make sure of their reliability. That and teaching my kids on various .22's. I haven't had time to shoot any big boomers.
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

grin grinDUDE, ya have a definite talent for understatement!!! grin

laugh laugh, funny stuff guys. lol

Nice going Woody and Co, I'm about to enjoy the same working up some buffler loads in my Shiloh 45-70 down at Sharpsguys place, that is as soon as I can work myself loose from the slave encampment of a farm. grin
© 24hourcampfire