Home
Posted By: Sharpsman FOR SALE! - 01/29/15
Browning 1885 HiWall 45/70 equipped with excellent rear tang sight and hooded front. Excellent trigger...shoots lube groove and PP excellent!

$1500.00 you pay the freight!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: FOR SALE! - 01/29/15
Ya missed. frown

Spent all my money yesterday.

-sniff-

D
Posted By: Ray Newman Re: FOR SALE! - 01/29/15
Rick: is the BPCR model or some other variant of the Browning-Miroku 1885???
Posted By: Paul39 Re: FOR SALE! - 01/30/15
Factory sights, or??
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: FOR SALE! - 01/30/15
Ray

Never seen one that wasn't made in Japan!

Paul

I've got Factory or a Hoke that could go with it!

[Linked Image]Brwn by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

I've shot some 15 rd groups with this rifle from 800 yards that could be covered with my baseball cap...NOT including the bill thereof! Trigger is damn nigh like onto a set trigger and has excellent wood and a good non-slip recoil pad! No mars or scratches.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: FOR SALE! - 01/30/15
That rifle, properly managed and loaded for, is going to make someone VERY happy.

GTC
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: FOR SALE! - 01/30/15
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
That rifle, properly managed and loaded for, is going to make someone VERY happy.

GTC

grin grin I've just got too many rifles cross....and if this one sells....my wife will get a new refrigerator!!
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: FOR SALE! - 01/31/15
grinCURSE you Mulhern!!!! I haveta save my shekels for another buffler hunt. grin
Posted By: Magnum_Man Re: FOR SALE! - 01/31/15
Geez, I could have bought that 10 days ago but went buffalo hunting instead. ET they still eat better than anything else. Magnum man
Posted By: Paul39 Re: FOR SALE! - 02/15/15
Just as a sweetener, I have the twin of that rifle, and as a testament to its versatility, I shoot a paper patched 435 gr. money bullet at ~1375 fps. Charged with 80.0 grs. Swiss 1.5.

What makes this possible is that the rifle is factory chambered with little freebore, transitioning immediately to the rifling. With Brownings, this is unique to the 45-70 BPCR.

Buffler hunters note, this is a target load only. The bullet is seated only .10 into the case and lightly crimped, so the round is fragile and requires careful handling, as well as bore wiping between shots. It performs well to 1000 yards and beyond.

Paul
Posted By: texasmac Re: FOR SALE! - 02/18/15
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Browning 1885 HiWall 45/70 equipped with excellent rear tang sight and hooded front. Excellent trigger...shoots lube groove and PP excellent!

$1500.00 you pay the freight!

Rick, a guy in Canada just contacted me looking for a Browning .45-70 BPCR. I don't currently have one for sale and saw your listing. He says he has an exporter and importer ready to transfer a rifle. He sends you the funds in US dollars, you ship to the exporter and it's a done deal for you. Email or PM me if you are interested and I'll respond with his contact info.

Wayne
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: FOR SALE! - 02/21/15
Thanks Texasmac

Sent you a PM!
Posted By: texasmac Re: FOR SALE! - 02/21/15
Rick, I just sent you a PM.
Wayne
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: FOR SALE! - 02/23/15
SOLD!!
Posted By: texasmac Re: FOR SALE! - 02/23/15
Hey Rick,

Good deal. Hopefully the transfer will be smooth. Just be sure to pack up that Browning real good and don’t forget to insure it. I just received another email from a Browning buyer that received the rifle with a cracked wrist. The surefire technique is to remove the stock and package it up with the rifle but most buyers frown on that as do the FFL transfer dealers. I expect exporters and importers will have a similar problem if the stock is removed.

BTW, you owe me a beer if we ever meet at a match.

Wayne
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: FOR SALE! - 02/27/15
Wayne

My 'match days' are over....but send me your address and I'll send you 50# good pecans this coming Fall!!

Thanks again! grin
Posted By: texasmac Re: FOR SALE! - 02/27/15
Rick,

Boy, that’s tempting. Especially since I grew up in Central Texas & spent many hours picking and eating pecans, and pecan pie, yum, yum. But don’t worry about sending the pecans. Your thanks is enough. I was glad to help you and Lorne get together. Take care.

Wayne
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: FOR SALE! - 02/27/15
[Linked Image]

Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: FOR SALE! - 02/27/15
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

That's pretty yummy smile
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: FOR SALE! - 02/27/15
My thoughts as well.
© 24hourcampfire