Home
The latest edition of the Single Shot Exchange (SSE) magazine included an article titled, Minimizing Barrel Bounce off Cross Sticks – Finding the Sweet Spot. If you do not subscribe to the SSE and are interested in the details, I just posted the article at the following link: http://www.texas-mac.com/Minimizing_Barrel_Bounce_off_Cross_Sticks_Finding_the_Sweet_Spot.html

Wayne
Going to read this with interest.

New to BPCR and for 50+ years have had the admonition to never rest the barrel on anything...now as I research BPCR that is all I see!

thanks!

Tim
Ok, that was very useful!

Thanks for sharing.

Tim
I mentioned the tapping wire system in about 2001 on another forum , and the comments ranged from funny to downright rude! LOL
My father was a ballistician for Canada's largest ammunition manufacturer , and he taught me this when I was a boy and asked about barrel harmonics and bedding.
Even today people tend look at me like I have a screw loose when the topic comes up about sine waves and harmonics.
Cat
So, I do find this very interesting, and with that in mind it reminds me of a Rifle that my Brother in Law had built, in Pittsburgh Pa. a few years back. During hunting season, we had are deer, hanging, and it was a rainy day in the middle of the week, I took a ride with my Brother in Law, to pick up his new custom made Rifle from Accuflite in Pittsburgh, a couple hours from our Hunt camp. The 300 Win Mag my Brother in Law had built had a reverse tapered Barrel, to solve this very same so called problem of Barrel Vibration, and Harmonic Balancing! I liked it so much that I had to order one myself, and since have shot several game animals with it, with tremendous accuracy! Jim at Accuflite is the Owner, who was a nuclear physicist, and is very knowledgeable!
© 24hourcampfire