Home
Looking for suggestions on a roll up style tonneau cover for a new F150 that I’m picking up Thursday. Looking for something at a reasonable price point this will keep the majority of the water out. Looks like there are hundreds of them out there so I’m looking for suggestions based off experiences.
I went with a Truckceto. Likely I spelled that wrong. About 500 bucks.
Check out accesscover.com or search for retrax bed covers.
I've used access covers since 1997. The 1 drawback to them is after several years of rolling and unrolling the cover is the velcro just wears out. They do sell replacement velcro strips. This cover you roll up and it sits on top of the box behind the cab. Just don't leave it rolled up and touching the cab because it will rub thru the paint.
The RETRAX bed cover rolls up and sits below the top of the box. I looked at them but I drive a 1997 F-150 flareside and the RETRAX cover requires a box that has parallel sides.
k2nd
Dad's had 3 Truxedo's on his last 3 trucks. Good value, does what they're supposed to - zero complaints.

I didn't bother with my truck because I don't carry much daily that needs protection in the bed.
Mine is a Truxedo and I hate it. I'd much rather have a topper. But it does keep the water out.
I'd prefer a topper too but they're not giving those away either. And I have a weird color, don't know if I trust them to actually color match.
Why do they have to match?
I've had two Roll N Lock on three work trucks for the last 8 years. They work great, need occasional adjustments and lubing.
I bought a new 2020 Tundra in August of 2019. Immediately put a cheap $150 on sale, $200 ish regularly, Tyger brand off Amazon just as an experiment to see if I liked Tonneaus without shelling out big money.

3 years and 65k mikes later, I bought the same one to put on my 2006 F250.

My only complaint is I didn’t put one in it in 2011 when I bought it.
Mine is a Weathertech. I like it.
Originally Posted by Tca126
Looking for suggestions on a roll up style tonneau cover for a new F150 that I’m picking up Thursday. Looking for something at a reasonable price point this will keep the majority of the water out. Looks like there are hundreds of them out there so I’m looking for suggestions based off experiences.

I had a hard roll up cover by REV that worked quite well. A bit more protection than the vinyl versions
Originally Posted by Teal
I'd prefer a topper too but they're not giving those away either. And I have a weird color, don't know if I trust them to actually color match.

They’ll get it to march. But in my experience with Leer, it fades on the corners over time.
© 24hourcampfire