Home
Posted By: taylorce1 Side mirrors? - 07/12/23
Hail took out my side mirrors the other day on my 06 Silverado 2500. They were power sport mirrors with heat, and I would like to upgrade to some tow mirrors since I have to replace anyway. So do I go with Flea-Bay for around $100 a pair or? Anyone have a suggestion on a set of side view mirrors for my work truck?
Posted By: Reba Re: Side mirrors? - 07/12/23
Get OEM tow mirrors. They will bolt and plug in and work.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Side mirrors? - 07/12/23
At $900 a pair for OEM new, and about $400 for used. I'm looking for alternatives for my old pickup.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Side mirrors? - 07/12/23
OEM style from rock auto. Looks like they are about $67 to $70 per side.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Side mirrors? - 07/12/23
Probably the same mirrors on eBay, they're all OEM style. I'm more interested if anyone has tried some of these mirrors.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Side mirrors? - 07/13/23
I got some of the ebay oem mirrors for my Ford. They was such wavy, chitty things you couldn't hardly use them. So I got some from a junkyard and threw the ebay ones in the trash....
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Side mirrors? - 07/13/23
You could save money, bump up your liability insurance and just back up until you hear glass breaking…
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Side mirrors? - 07/19/23
Well, I didn't upgrade to tow mirrors. I was able to get a used set of sport mirrors for $100.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Side mirrors? - 07/19/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You could save money, bump up your liability insurance and just back up until you hear glass breaking…
I've said that about those high dollar front bumpers. Most of them aren't strong enough to take a hit from a large animal anyway. You can save a lot of money by just paying for a reduced insurance deductible.
© 24hourcampfire