Home
Posted By: PatB Ridge Grapplers or KO2's ??? - 01/20/24
Time for some new tires.. Been running 295/70-18's in the Nittos..

Only negative I have is they tend to get a tad noisy after 30 or 40 thousand miles.. Otherwise been pretty happy but wondering if the KO2's would be a smoother, quieter ride..

Any opinions would be appreciated.. They seem to be about the same price - EXPENSIVE! So that won't enter into the decision.

TIA
Posted By: slm9s Re: Ridge Grapplers or KO2's ??? - 01/20/24
I'm at 69,000 miles on my 20" Ridge Grapplers on my supercrew F150, tho they're 99% on-road. Love them. I'll be getting the same thing when they need replacing. Can't believe they've lasted this long.
Posted By: PatB Re: Ridge Grapplers or KO2's ??? - 01/20/24
Are you getting some noise now ?
Posted By: MOGC Re: Ridge Grapplers or KO2's ??? - 01/21/24
My only complaint with my KO2's is on wet pavement. They are great on the rough rocky trails I run and in mud and snow on forest roads. But on wet pavement, they break traction and will definitely slide around on you.
Just to because it's Campfire tradition to not stick to your choices - take a look at the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. I've only had mine for about a month, but very happy with them. Expensive, but so are the KO2s.
Of those two, I'd go nittos.

KO2 wore fast and didn't clear shallow but sloppy mud.
Posted By: PatB Re: Ridge Grapplers or KO2's ??? - 01/21/24
Well, any other tires to consider? Going on a Trail Boss Z-71, 6.2

The RG's may be as good as it gets for performance, highway manners and long life.. A quieter ride would sure be nice though.
If you will consider something else I would recommend Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. I have 35"(the reason I went with the XLT's) on my Super Duty and they are reasonably quite for a tire that size and they give great on-road traction plus the offroad traction is as good as any all terrain I have ever owned. They are not 3-peak rated but they do very well in the snow. My understand is the AT3 LT are 3-peak rated but they may not even interest you in Texas.
© 24hourcampfire