Home
Oil and oil filter change was a breeze. Damn things hold 3 gallons of oil!

Fuel filter is another issue. Damn thing is near impossible to get to and just as difficult to loosen. Are there any tricks to getting this done? I want to do these things myself to avoid big $$$$ at the Stealership.

Again, it is the 6.7L not the 5.9 (fuel filter set-up is different).
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-tech-articles/177185-6-7l-fuel-filter-change-how.html
Funny, I just found that same link. I'm gonna have to go and buy those ratchet extensions.
Another stupid design created by someone that never thought that these need to be worked on.

No [bleep]! Went to pull the bastid off and couldn't believe how buried it is. I read somewhere about relocating the wire harness overhead to reach it from the top.
Well, the ratchet extensions did work. The drain at the bottom of the filter housing is pretty lame too! I opened it and let it drain until it stopped. I went to pull the housing and spilled a good amount of diesel on the garage floor. Doh!! Guess that drain doesn't work so well. The location and design of the fuel filter sucks!!!
Glad you got it done....

Thanks for the help/tips.....
I jack the vehicle up on the frame and go in over the tire, use a oil filter wrench and go easy both loosing and removing. Drain is for water in the fuel. I work on a few at work and always have a diesel mess. Hope this helps.
© 24hourcampfire