Home
Posted By: chain 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/12/13
I have a Dodge 1500 4 x 4 . I went to start it today and it started for a couple seconds and quit. It did this three times and now it won't turn over. I have alot of juice in the battery. The security light is on. I have pulled the fuse for the security system that was mentioned on a few car repair sites and I have disconnectecd the battery. Any thoughts??? These things always happen when the dealership is closed for the weekend. Thanks Guys
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
Do you have a battery charger running on the battery?

Get some of that starting spray into the carb. or air intake.
Prestone Starting Fluid is one.

If not get one and connect it. Some have a jump start feature.

You can ask here.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/
Posted By: AZBob Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
It might be that your ignition isn't reading the chip in your "smart key". It happened to my 2006. You might try an extra key if you have one, but I don't know if it's a key problem or an ignition switch problem. It happened to my 2006, but I don't think it stopped turning over. It just acted like it was starting and then died.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
Originally Posted by Savage_99

You can ask here.

wow
Posted By: cal74 Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
Stay away from any starting fluid
Posted By: chain Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
It started and quit three times. There is plenty of juice in the battery. Everything works as far as lights and gauges, it seems that the security system has locked the starter out. I have tried my other key but no success.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/13/13
I hate these security keys, particularly the ones with the built-in remote...like my Dodge Ram. I'm always pushing one button or the other in my pocket and the doors are always locking or unlocking in the driveway. At least the key's in my pocket so I can't get locked out. With some models, you can't get a key without the remotes. With those where you can, they cost about $90 from Dodge.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/21/13
If it won't turn over the problem is electrical
Posted By: rem141r Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/21/13
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by Savage_99

You can ask here.

wow

i see you wow and raise you a holy crap.

Posted By: calikooknic Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/28/13
Originally Posted by chain
It started and quit three times. There is plenty of juice in the battery. Everything works as far as lights and gauges, it seems that the security system has locked the starter out. I have tried my other key but no success.

So??????? Still broke?
Posted By: chain Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 01/31/13
Running good NOW. I feel pretty stupid though. It turned out it was a mouse ate some insulation off some wires below the fuseblock under the hood (out of sight). That in turned made the computer think the truck was being stolen. $250 later and I am rolling. Thanks Guys
Posted By: calikooknic Re: 06 Hemi Won't Start - 02/01/13
Mice, rats, and even rabbits can be a real pain in the wallet!
Have pulled many intake manifolds and found dog food that rats and mice cache on the top of the engines.
Worse ever, motorhome that an opossum had made a fairly nice winter home in the fan shroud, UNTIL the owner went on a spring vacation. sick Damn, talk about stink!
© 24hourcampfire