Home
Posted By: Fraser Winch sales - 04/15/15
If I'm looking to buy a winch is there an online vendor that you would trust to have the best prices on name brand products?
Posted By: badger Re: Winch sales - 04/15/15
Amazon.com
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Winch sales - 04/15/15
etrailer.com. I have bought several truck/camper/trailer things rom them and they were the cheapest around. They carry about everything.

JC Whitney and Northern Tool would be a good place to look too
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Winch sales - 04/15/15
Originally Posted by badger
Amazon.com
That used to be the case. They've upped their prices, though. I do a lot of shopping on there but when I decide to buy something, I can usually (not always) find it cheaper elsewhere, even considering shipping.
Posted By: GuyM Re: Winch sales - 04/15/15
Don't know for sure if it's the lowest, but I got a great price on a 10,000 lb Engo winch from Rockridge 4 wheel drive:

That winch has worked out well by the way.

Guy
Posted By: BigNate Re: Winch sales - 04/16/15
It's been a long time since I bought the last one. Never seem to wear them out.

I found the info I wanted, picked the model, then googled it. Found a guy in Az that was about $150 less and shipped free.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Winch sales - 04/17/15
Here try Sams Offroad. This is the last one I bought a long time back and have had zero issues with it. There may be better prices somewhere else but this is pretty dang good.
Posted By: badger Re: Winch sales - 04/17/15
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by badger
Amazon.com
That used to be the case. They've upped their prices, though. I do a lot of shopping on there but when I decide to buy something, I can usually (not always) find it cheaper elsewhere, even considering shipping.

I'm happy. Bought a Superwinch (4500lb) for my side by side a few weeks ago on Amazon for $221.00 and free freight. Their return policy is great if there are any problems, and the Superwinch warranty is great. Win win for me.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Winch sales - 04/18/15
Originally Posted by GuyM
Don't know for sure if it's the lowest, but I got a great price on a 10,000 lb Engo winch from Rockridge 4 wheel drive:

That winch has worked out well by the way.

Guy

Great winch at a very good price. The guy that owns that company is one of the former bigwigs for Ramsey winches.

Here is the best deal I've found on them. Krawl off road. The prices seem to be the best and they offer free shipping.

They did pretty good in in Petersons Fourwheeler magazine winch shoot out a few years ago.

Winch Shoot Out.

All that said, like SuperWinch and a bunch of others, it is a Chinese manufactored product. It is an American owned company though and support and parts are avalible.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Winch sales - 04/18/15
If you're dead set on a Warn (never a bad move) you might be intersted in this thread. It seems this outfit offers 30% discounts on them from time to time. They have a 20% discount going on right now, Code: EARTHLF3P.

I have never done business with the company and am only passing on the info I've read.

Wrangler forum

Zoro.com
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Winch sales - 04/18/15

I've got one of those Warn winches that fits into a 2" receiver hitch. It's out in the garage, all covered up and I haven't used it in about five years ... in fact, the truck I used it on is long gone.

I'll have to dig it out and sell it one day. It's too darned heavy to ship, so I'll probably sell it locally.

The wiring went with the three-quarter ton Avalalche, but here in Portland, where Warn products are made, finding the Warn front receiver hitch and the wiring is a simple matter. The buyer can worry about that.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of something I'd almost forgotten.

Easter Blessings,

Steve

Posted By: saddlesore Re: Winch sales - 04/18/15
I have had my Warn on my Dodge since 1998. It also is the 2"reciever mount type, front or back. I put it I on for hunting season and then take it off after the seasons closes. I think I have had it unspooled maybe 5 times, twice here at home. Those other three times, it sure saved my butt.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Winch sales - 04/18/15

Yeah, mine's the same. Used it once out of Brusett, Montana and saved my buddy's truck from sliding down into a horrible ravine. Other than that, it's just been insurance.

Posted By: KDK Re: Winch sales - 04/23/15
Hey Steve, when you decide to sell, give me heads up....
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Winch sales - 04/24/15
Originally Posted by KDK
Hey Steve, when you decide to sell, give me heads up....

My friend,

Will do. Let me do a bit of research on price first. Want to be VERY fair to both buyer and seller.

Steve

© 24hourcampfire