Home
Anybody do one on your jeep or small truck? I want to do one on my 95 wrangler. The cummins 3.3T is the motor that seems to be the best fit and with my 307 gearing it is said to get 27-32 mpg.
4BT is the most common swap and had been done several times. Check out some of the jeep forums for specific details
Posted By: RDW Re: 4 cylinder diesel conversion? - 07/29/15
Have you thought about a 4.8?

Tons of LS Wrangler swaps and the 4.8/5.2's 5.3 are everywhere and CHEAP!
If your talking about a chevy LS motor 4.8/5.3 then yes I have, but the diesel motor gets such good millage, though the LS motors are bullet proof with a very strong bottom end and easy to get a lot of power without to much work. The 3.3 has been done but nobody ever has a parts list on the jeep forums.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/radiator-leak-build-is-getting-a-diesel.476986/
Posted By: RDW Re: 4 cylinder diesel conversion? - 07/30/15
Oh yeah, I am talking LSx...and believe me, I dreamed of dropping a 6BTA and later a 4BTA in something, I didn't care what for a decade after multiple Dodge diesels. Even told my wife I would pay more attention to her if she would dab a little diesel behind each ear.

But it's hard beat the LSx and stupid cheap prices, and crap-ton of CY/XJ/TJ/YJ conversions for support.

I would get sick as ears are an erogenous zone. You must have rotella T6 running through you veins.
© 24hourcampfire