Home
Just checking to see if someones got an alternative to the store bought concoction.
Thanks
Have you tried actually getting them wet?
WD 40?
you gotta be kidding, right? Must live in town......
On a good day my dog seems to get all four wet...I don't use any but I like the Meguiars car products...all of their products seem to work...
On a good day my dog seems to get all four wet...

Used to be an older lady in Carlisle, Arkansas that kept small pieces of plywood, leaning against all four tires of her car, to prevent that. miles
Originally Posted by tzone
Have you tried actually getting them wet?

That's what we use all winter for that application, here in Western Oregon...
Originally Posted by milespatton

Used to be an older lady in Carlisle, Arkansas that kept small pieces of plywood, leaning against all four tires of her car, to prevent that. miles

My dog would have three tires wet before I get out a the truck.
Fear that years from now, corrosion will separate a steel rim at speed and so I will perish. The crash detective will look over the wreckage, "Poor bastard. Dog piss did him in."

They're on mine before it even stops rolling, all three dogs descending upon it. Sometimes attacking from three sides, sometimes lining up all polite-like to take turns at one wheel. Even the female lifts her leg.

Maybe it's the dog version of a message in a bottle.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
you gotta be kidding, right? Must live in town......

>>>>>>>>>>>>> grin<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Fear that years from now, corrosion will separate a steel rim at speed and so I will perish. The crash detective will look over the wreckage, "Poor bastard. Dog piss did him in."

They're on mine before it even stops rolling, all three dogs descending upon it. Sometimes attacking from three sides, sometimes lining up all polite-like to take turns at one wheel. Even the female lifts her leg.

Maybe it's the dog version of a message in a bottle.

I tried peeing on mine a few times to show them who's boss. I think it made the situation worse eek

OP, have you tried vegetable oil? mineral oil? Johnson's wax?

Oh, by the way, my truck gets washed once a year or so, whether it needs it or not!

Geno
Yup. A feller needs a good, protective layer of dirt on it.
Originally Posted by milespatton

Her tires probably lasted longer because of the UV protection. Kind of like you'd do with an RV.
Baby oil works great.
Bacon works, too. They'll stay wet 'naturally'.

[Linked Image]
Have not seen it used in a while but brake fluid lasts a long time
Originally Posted by chris_c
Have not seen it used in a while but brake fluid lasts a long time
I'm pretty sure that's what my dad used.
I like dust magnets, too.
© 24hourcampfire