Home
Posted By: lawnman trade tundra for tundra? - 07/03/16
Guys looking for solid advice. Right now I have a 2014 Tundra 4x4. Upgraded factory wheels and BFG all terrains. Leveling kit too. Truck has 15,000 miles. Near mint. Went to dealership other day for service and got to talking about the new Tundras. Salesman told me he would trade even for a brand new 2016 2wd. Same exact truck less the front running gear. Wouldn't mind changing colors and I never use the 4wd. Crazy not to do it??
Posted By: Teal Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/03/16
I wouldn't. 15k miles is basically zero so you're giving up capability for color? I'd guess you're giving up quite a bit of resale too.

I'd see no reason to do it - or better yet, ask him if you kick in 1400, can you get a 4x4 on the same trade?

Put it this way - the reason he's asking to flip is because it benefits him.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/03/16
Resale value on 2 WDs suck!!
I wouldn't trade either. Resale on a 4x4 is worth keeping it.
There's only 1 reason they made the offer - they can make some money from it. If they make money, someone else has to lose it and there's a good chance it would be you.
Even in Florida a 4wd truck will have way better resale then a 2wd
Posted By: Bighorn Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/03/16
Don't do it!!!
Posted By: lawnman Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/03/16
Wow. That is good advice. Really. Lot to think about.
Like others have said it will only benefit the dealer .
No way would I do it. I have a 2016 tundra, it's basically the same as the 2014 model. It's 4x4 and I've had 2wd trucks in the past. Never again will I own a 2wd pickup.
Posted By: carlm Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/04/16
Car dealers are in business to make money. They know more about cars/trucks than we will ever know. If they are making you that offer, I'm sure it's for their benefit, not yours.
What they said, we all like new and different stuff but vehicles just suck your money away. My tacoma will hit 100K soon and if it'll run for another 100K I'm keeping it.
Not a chance I'd make that trade
Good advice.

Dealers aren't your friend, even the "friendly ones",
(especially the friendly ones). It's all about them making money, it's not about you, other than you being the source of that money.

Don't become "low hanging fruit", way too easy to pick.

I deal as hard as I can with them, don't really want to be "liked", if you get my drift...

DF
Posted By: tikkanut Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/08/16

never seen a 2WD Tundra in my parts........

keep yours.......
Posted By: rem141r Re: trade tundra for tundra? - 07/11/16
i would never buy a 2wd truck unless it was a basic old beater that only got used very occasionally and cost a grand. a brand new one, no way.
© 24hourcampfire