Home
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Mechanics Creeper - 07/24/16
Any style better than another? Old-fashioned straight as a board or newfangled contoured make any difference? After doing my first post-50 LOF last weekend it seemed scooting across the garage floor on my back from zerk to zerk wasn't nearly as much fun as it used to be. Low profile make any difference?
Posted By: Teal Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/24/16
Back when I was service writing - a lot of my guys had these and really seemed to like them. Those that didn't - were moving over to them.

Granted - this was a Peterbilt shop so there's more room than say sliding under a Civic.

[Linked Image]

Me? I still use this:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/24/16
Thanks teal. My wallet was afraid somebody was going to recommend a Bone creeper. grin
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/24/16
You need 2 things. Be as close to the ground as possible for maximum clearance. Have wheels as large as possible to more easily roll over cracks, dropped washers, and light cords.
Mine has an adjustable head rest which can be a big help sometimes.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/27/16
I wore out my old creeper and bought the plastic one from Harbor Freight. So far it works like it's supposed to.
Posted By: kingston Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/27/16
I use the bone creepers.
Posted By: micky Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/28/16
Get one with big wheels. the normal ones will stop when the wheels bump a nut, rock, anything.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/28/16
Thanks all. I'll look for one with big wheels.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/31/16
Looking at the Lisle one here as it has bigger wheels (4") as compared to others. Price-wise it's between the el-cheapos and Bone.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Mechanics Creeper - 07/31/16
I bought a yella one at a garage sale years ago for $5......

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire