Home
Posted By: diamondjim 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/05/16
My wife doesn't like them on a long trip. Any fixes? She likes the way the 2010's feel, but I am not buying a different truck. I like this one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/06/16
Identify what she doesn't like about them. Bolsters too high? Too firm? Too soft?

Something like that can be fixed either by you or an upholstery shop. Most modern seats use a tight-fitting seat cover, so you can remove it and work on the foam. It could be as easy as going to an fabric store and buying a piece of foam or gel foam, and cutting it to fit in the center portion of the seat. If the foam on the seat needs to be trimmed or re-shaped, an electric bread knife works well.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/06/16
leave her at home?....
Posted By: diamondjim Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/06/16
Originally Posted by huntsman22
leave her at home?....

That right there was my first thought.....but she is a good, hard worker and those are hard to come by. grin
Posted By: diamondjim Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/06/16
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Identify what she doesn't like about them. Bolsters too high? Too firm? Too soft?

Something like that can be fixed either by you or an upholstery shop. Most modern seats use a tight-fitting seat cover, so you can remove it and work on the foam. It could be as easy as going to an fabric store and buying a piece of foam or gel foam, and cutting it to fit in the center portion of the seat. If the foam on the seat needs to be trimmed or re-shaped, an electric bread knife works well.

Too firm, I believe. Will look into those options as well as Hunstmans. Thanks.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/06/16
Huntsman usually gives pretty good advice....:)
Posted By: birddog310 Re: 2004 F150 FX4 seats - 08/09/16
Jim,
What about buying a good used set of seats out of a 2010 f150? That would let you keep the truck you like and give her the ride she wants. I would check out car-part.com and there are a lot of options for seats in a 10 f150 so pick like seats and find a wrecking yard that's not clear across the country that you can go and buy them from. Sometimes when doing a swap like that some wrecking lots will take your old seats in for something off the bill. Just a thought.
Good luck
Birddog
© 24hourcampfire