Home
Posted By: RIO7 Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
I have 2005 LJ unlimited, the muffler is up under the skid plate, all the trash weeds and other junk gets clogged up around the muffler,and catches on fire, I clean it out every day, big pain in the butt, where or how should I run the exhaust system to fix this problem??? Rio7
Posted By: ajmorell Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
Is it the stock muffler? Can you run a smaller muffler in it's place? That would be the first thing I'd try.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
Is it a stock skid plate or an aftermarket one? If it's stock, you might have a legitimate gripe with Chrysler.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
As far as I know it's a stock muffler,but it's not real big or long. same for the skid plate, I am sure it's stock,bought this jeep last year, used with 27000 miles, almost like new, used it one hunting season here on the ranch, it runs and works great for what I do, it's become my daily driver,it never leaves the ranch. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
P.S. I need to solve this problem in the next couple of weeks as hunting starts again Sept. 1st.and the weeds are bigger and dryer thicker than last year. I will like some idea's. Rio7
Posted By: ajmorell Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/18/16
Is it one of the crappy factory skids that is perforated/has holes cut in it, like this:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...id-plate-question-img-20120623-00193.jpg

If so is stuff just coming up through the cut outs, can you pull the plate off and just skin it with something solid?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Jeep muffler?? - 08/20/16
We pulled the plate today and built a cross member from 2 " N-80 steel tubing, took a little tinkering to get it right, but looks like it's going to work. Rio7
© 24hourcampfire