Home
Anyone know anything about Elk hunting on the Hill Ranch near Trinidad Co.?? I believe it is in Unit 851. Thanks, 163bc
Several of the hunts on the "Primos-The Truth" series were filmed there if I'm not mistaken. Wish I could hunt it and give a first hand report!
Eastman's hunts there as well. Lots of oak brush. Seems to be a lot of elk.
What do you want to know? I guided on a neighboring property for years. Bobby Hill is a great guy and he has an incredible ranch
Originally Posted by huntsonora
What do you want to know? I guided on a neighboring property for years. Bobby Hill is a great guy and he has an incredible ranch

I'm considering booking a hunt there for me an a hunting buddy. We are looking for a good, solid hunt. We are not looking for a gimmie but we would like to know we are on a ranch with good elk #s and good trophy potential. thanks, 163bc
as I understand it, it's got what you're after
I can put you in touch with the outfitter who leases the ranch. I hunted with him on the adjacent Vermejo a couple of years ago. Pat Lancaster runs a first class outfit and the Hill is incredible. That's one of the reasons it takes more than 15 points to draw a wildlife ranching tag for the ranch.

I'll check my records for his contact info, but I think you could google his name and get there, too.
Contact Eastmans. you know, the DIY public land guru's, lol.
Well, Hill's ranch is not a high fence and the Eastman guys do plenty of DIY public land. What's your beef.
If I needed info on the Hill ranch, sizzling S, Muddy Ranch, Q-Creek Ranch, Pacific Creek guided hunts, New Mexico pronghorn with Tony Grimmet...Eastmans would be a great reference. They do a great job sending subordinats public land tho. dont really got a beef, but the "no fences here, diy public land" every other sentence gets a bit old, while viewing a private land guided hunt.YMMV
The person you want to get in touch with is Mike Powell, the ranch manager. The ranch has both trophy bull hunts and management hunts. The trophy hunts start at 12K, and go up to 19K, depending on the size of the bull. Anything over 380 will cost you 19K.
© 24hourcampfire