Home
Posted By: IntruderBN AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
online.
Posted By: m1fan Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
How'd ya do?

Got 6A Elk, ML
Got 2B Antelope, ML
Posted By: IntruderBN Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
Struck out, but I had an archery bull tag each of the previous 2 years...no complaints!
Posted By: Enrique Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
So far we are batting zero for 5
Posted By: HaYen Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
NT DRN - 5 little letters hurt so bad. But hey I won a bonus point to goat (alright I purchased a point)

@M1Fan - PLAY THE POWERBALL THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!
I guess I'll be in unit 1 with my buddy in September. His dad drew the 1,2b,2c trophy ML hunt. Can't wait!
Posted By: FoxTrotter Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
5B Soth bull tag.Time to dust off the bow and start shooting.Hope I'm not too old to see the sights.
Posted By: DARBY Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
The usual....not drawn for elk or antelope. AGAIN mad mad
Posted By: HaYen Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
Originally Posted by Enrique
I guess I'll be in unit 1 with my buddy in September. His dad drew the 1,2b,2c trophy ML hunt. Can't wait!
That's the hunt I put in for. I was zeroing in a 460gr No Excuse conical on the off chance I got drawn. Tell eh I said good luck. Nutrioso has a pretty good heard size.
Not sure what the plan is, but we usually hunt the north end of 1 for archery. I am sure my buddy will scout a lot for this hunt and I will get up there a couple times. We are looking for something big 370 plus. lets hope it plays out like we plan.
Posted By: krp Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/29/10
Nada for me.

My phone's already ringing with people wanting me to take them on their hunt, I'm retired after last year's fiasco.

I'll do the Rez archery cow hunt, it's fun.

Kent
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
October 22-25 rifle bull in unit 8. The elk should still be talking then. Guess I will have to find a weekend home around Whitehorse Lake for this summer.

Doug~RR
Posted By: Mississippi Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
Unit 10 archery 9/10 - 9/23
Posted By: IntruderBN Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
That's a nice tag, Mississippi. Should be a banner year with this wet winter.
thanks / been applying for 12 years.
a bull tag, I assume, with that many points?
hunt code 3131 BULL elk
Again, nice! There's still some good snowpack up in 10...with more coming this weekend. Should make for a nice spring and some good antler mass. Hopefully the rut won't be as stifled as it was last year. All in all, my family drew 5 bull tags this year and I'm looking forward to tagging along with at least one of 'em.
Wow, 5 bull tags.

Was the rut late last year? It should be going good in the second week of the archery hunt, shouldn't it???
Man, most units last year didn't get going until october! I was hearing bugles as late as Nov 10th. It really was freaky late. Normally, it's going good by the middle of Sept. No one knows why last year was so odd, but the very DRY summer might have played a part. There were some good threads on the AZ section of bowsite. From what I hear, western NM was the same way. Again, it was a freak year all around.
Posted By: krp Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
October 22-25 rifle bull in unit 8. The elk should still be talking then. Guess I will have to find a weekend home around Whitehorse Lake for this summer.

Doug~RR

Doug, you did it! Great tag, guess this means I may be packing a bull out of Sycamore, I told you I would.

Don't forget Dogtown and bottom of BW mt, some nice bulls there.

Congrats buddy.

Kent
Posted By: sgt217 Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
Sycamore is good country for a stress test....
Posted By: Enrique Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/30/10
I had a feeling and still do that those mid october hunts are going to produce some great bulls. I hope you get a monster!

With 9 points, I was tempted to try for a 5A Oct tag, but backed out when I remembered my wife's bday is the 22nd.

Good luck Doug!

Kent I'd like to hear more about those raghorn or cow tags.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
0 for 13...maybe next year!!
Nada
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
Kent,
I suspect that those bulls will still be cavorting with the cows up top rather than hiding deep down in the canyon since some rut should still be occurring. After the early October turkey season, there will be 2 weeks without hunts for the elk to calm down. Should be a fun summer and start the serious scouting once the rut starts in late September to actually find the herds and bulls. Some of those bulls in U9 move 10-20 miles from summer grounds to their rutting grounds once the rut nears.

Kique,
You could have treated your wife to a dutch oven birthday cake after some elk tenderloin wink

Doug~RR
Posted By: glacial21 Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
I drew a non-resident archery bull tag for 6A West in my first year applying for AZ! I never thought I'd draw with zero points so I did not do a lot of research ahead of time. There's lots to do now!

Are any of you familiar with the west part of 6A (west of I-17?). Any general tips or observations on the conditions there to help me as I start buying maps and researching?
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
Glacial21,
Sending you a PM.

RR
Posted By: StrayHorse Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
bull 3 years in a row
Posted By: krp Re: AZ Draw results are up - 03/31/10
Originally Posted by StrayHorse
bull 3 years in a row

Is it ok if I call you a bastid... congrats buddy...

kent
Posted By: Bill Poole Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/01/10
looks like I'll be shooting a rifle match that weekend afterall

but a buddy of mine got his first elk TAG, 5BS cow, so I might go help him!

Poole
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/03/10
early cow tag, Tusayan (unit 9) 3rd week in October.

Sycamore
Posted By: azrancher Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/03/10
We drew bull tags in unit 27 starting the day after thanksgiving. Yahoo!!!
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/03/10
Originally Posted by Sycamore
early cow tag, Tusayan (unit 9) 3rd week in October.
Sycamore

That will be a fun hunt. When I had it a few years ago, the elk were still bugling.

A good friend and his son both drew that hunt this year. It is the first time they have had the same tag together, so he is looking forward to it.

Doug~RR
Posted By: Sycamore Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/03/10
I've been doing the late cow hunt recently, pretty cold, and 17 weeks of different seasons have left everything spooked bad!

Had to leave before the snowstorm last year, those who didn't got snowed in!

Looking forward to some warm afternoons and college ball games on the radio! Little bit longer days are nice, too!

Sycamore
Posted By: AZJR Re: AZ Draw results are up - 04/03/10
Doug,
Congrats on your permit. I put my dad & daughter in for that hunt and they were unsuccessful. I like unit 8 very much. You will have a grand hunt.

I, on the other hand, drew 6A South archery bull elk and a surprise Unit 10 rifle pronghorn permit. That was a shock after having an antelope tag last year in Unit 8. It will be a busy September with doves, antelope & elk!

Jim
© 24hourcampfire