Home
So for those that have used the TTSX bullets, what is the most effective...

Light weight bullet and fast velocity...

or Heavy For Caliber and moderate velocity?

Was thinking of using in either a 260 or 7 x 57 for deer..

and for elk, the 7 x 57 or the 338/06....

experiences appreciated!
thanks!
I guess I've gone the route of using good-midweight TTSX's with a decent BC keeping the game I'm after in mind. Others have used them more than I...but so far I've loaded as such:
.243 80g
7x57 140
30'06 150g & 168g
280 AI 150g
300 H&H 180 g
308 150g
we haven't killed with all those loads, but what we've shot at animals has worked great.
handwerk,

great minds think alike.

Seafire -

a 140 TTSX for the 7x57 and either 210 or 225 TTSX for the .338-06.

Personally, while I would take my 7x57 with a 140 TTSX elkhunting, I can hear your .338-06 calling for those 225s through my 'puter - and thats elk medicine.

Seafire...whatever shoots best..my 7x57 likes the 160s....

Ingwe
They might "way overpenetrate", but the 100 gr. TTSX out of my .260 is going to kill some chit.
RL...it appears that they do....they went the whole way through everything Ive shot with them, then failed to fall on the ground just below the off side of the critters...
Tends to make me think they were still going after penetration...thus " overpenetrating"...

Prolly should scrap the whole TSX idea..... wink

I heard the BCs on them suck too.... whistle

Ingwe
Ingwe,

post your load, please.

Wait, wait - that did not come out right... seeing it is you. whistle

What velocities are you getting with your 7x57 and 160 fps?
Rancho,

Out of curiosity what does your powder/load look like for the 100 TTSX in the .260 (I refuse to use the "post you're load" phrase) ?

I'm down to about 100 or so 120 TSX and I'm giving SERIOUS thought to switching to the 100 TTSX instead.

George

I'll apologize in advance for not responding right off. I'm out the door to a funeral but will return.
Originally Posted by cmg
Ingwe,

post your load, please.

Wait, wait - that did not come out right... seeing it is you. whistle

What velocities are you getting with your 7x57 and 160 fps?

160 gr. TSX in front of 50 gr. H4831sc for 2650fps...and it kills all creatures great and small.... grin

Ingwe

I'm reloading the TTSXs now but my experience had been with the TSX and was all good. I dropped from 300s to the 270-gr TSX in my 375; from 180s in my '06 to the 168/165s. I've taken about 15 head of game with them and recovered two, one out of a big burchells zebra and one that hit brush but stayed "on track" and killed a waterbuck, having gone through sideways. The rest ventilated their target on both sides and sailed on.

They've also been the most accurate bullet in these rifles.
+1 on the accuracy, and Ive only got one rifle shooting the TTSXs...a .243...but boy, does it ever like them! laugh
Havent tried them in others, as Ive been so happy with my existing loads and the regular TSX...

Ingwe
Yeah, light and fast is the route I've gone with TSXs and it hasn't been a problem. But I haven't gone super light either. 120 grains(Tipped) in the .264 at 3500 and 130 grains in the .270 WSM at 3300. Both of those have smashed through elk shoulders and kept going. For deer and antelope, I'd consider the real lightweights: 100 grain .264, 110 .270, 80 grain .257, etc.
Anyone tryed the 150s in a 300 win?
Originally Posted by Seafire
So for those that have used the TTSX bullets, what is the most effective...

Light weight bullet and fast velocity...

or Heavy For Caliber and moderate velocity?

Was thinking of using in either a 260 or 7 x 57 for deer..

and for elk, the 7 x 57 or the 338/06....

experiences appreciated!
thanks!

JeffO says that,
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
....they WAY overpenetrate on deer...
I'm currently working on loading 160gr TTSX in my .338 Federal. I figure somewhere around 2850fps can't be a bad thing. As long as they shoot well in my Sako, I'm going to flame a couple does this year. My thoughts on TTSX, TSX is that they benefit from higher impact velocity. These would be the first animals I've shot with them.

CLB
4 deer, take whatever shoots as it doesn't take much to get two holes on them.

But for elk, and this is just me I want two holes (OP) and so I'd go with the 140 (not the 120) in the 7X, and in the 338/06 I'd go with the 210.

Just the way I roll.

Dober
A little tangent here, but sort of on topic I guess...

Have the TTSX's shot any different than the TSX's for anyone. I've got a real good load worked up for my 7STW with the 150 TSX's at about 3400fps. I'm going to try the TTSX's for the little added BC benefit and potentially quicker/more reliable expansion.

I have some of the TTSX's loaded up with the same charges as the TSX's, but haven't made it to the range to see for myself yet. Just curious what others experiences have been.

Kevin

It's the same bullet except for the Tip
I'd go with the 210 in the 338-06. I gave the 185 gr TSX a go in mine a few years ago. While the elk dropped at the shot (280 yards) the old slug took quite a beating.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by exbiologist
Yeah, light and fast is the route I've gone with TSXs and it hasn't been a problem. But I haven't gone super light either. 120 grains(Tipped) in the .264 at 3500 and 130 grains in the .270 WSM at 3300. Both of those have smashed through elk shoulders and kept going. For deer and antelope, I'd consider the real lightweights: 100 grain .264, 110 .270, 80 grain .257, etc.

Barnes ahs released a 110gn TTSX in .284 caliber. I think that will be popular with the smaller case 7mm crowd.

JW
if a bullet "way over penetrates" on deer you might as well use a lighter faster one. I am shooting 100's in my Roberts and 130TTSX in my 308 both shoot fine.
"what is over penetration anyway"

"over penetration" is like a previous Thread that was "over posted" ... by about 60 pages! whistle
That's "Way" over penetration.

Originally Posted by NH K9
Rancho,

Out of curiosity what does your powder/load look like for the 100 TTSX in the .260

I just started to mess around with the 100 TTSX and Ramshot Big Game and Hunter with some good velocities and accuracy. But no final load yet..

I also know Calvin has gotten pretty good results with RL 15.
I have some '15 on hand. I may have to pick up some 100s and give it a whirl. I was hoping you were gonna say "Varget" as I have plenty of that.

George
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
4 deer, take whatever shoots as it doesn't take much to get two holes on them.

But for elk, and this is just me I want two holes (OP) and so I'd go with the 140 (not the 120) in the 7X, and in the 338/06 I'd go with the 210.

Just the way I roll.

Dober

Exactly what I was thinking. I've killed a pile of critters, mostly caribou but also a moose or two with the 140 XFB in the 7-08 and never recovered one of them. (The XFBs actually performed very well as long as they were moving and your rifle could plant them well. I used a philosophy similar to a phrase Steelhead has posted: Critter hitter, not group maker, or therabouts.) The 225 XFB always seemed plenty heavy in the 340. I would imagine the smaller cased 33-06 would work it's magic a bit lighter.

[Linked Image]

A zippy 100 XFB in my -08 was stopped by the unseen young 'un of the cow caribou I was shooting at. (I got her too.)
Originally Posted by NH K9
I have some '15 on hand. I may have to pick up some 100s and give it a whirl. I was hoping you were gonna say "Varget" as I have plenty of that.

George

Seems like Varget and '15 are nearly cousins in performance. I have enjoyed the 8 pound run with RL 15 that is now coming to an end in my 7mm-08s. I wouldn't run out and buy '15 if I already had a good supply of Varget on hand.
I can say the 185 TTSX was the easiest to get shooting real well in my 338 Fed. Currently running 2725, but have some loaded a bit heavier waiting for a trip to the range. Hope it's plenty for elk.
Shot 180 FB and BT original Xs in a 300 WM and it worked on everything I ever shot with it, from Coues to Elk, and worked well.

120 TSX in a 264 WM @ 3400 or so was also hell on Coues and Elk when I was on a TSX kick... and were less than MOA on any given day.

Even seen a buffalo fall to a 55 TSX in a 223... even that one exited, punching a rib on both sides.

I'd moved on by the time they got around to putting tips on them and making 100s so can't comment there. Still have 500 120 TTSXs that I molied up and never loaded.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Light weight bullet and fast velocity...?

That's what Roy Weatherby would suggest.
Originally Posted by jwp475

It's the same bullet except for the Tip

Actually, I've noticed that the TSX and TTSX in the same caliber and same weight have a little bit different geometry- even a different number of relief grooves. I've also noticed them to shoot a little differently- both in POI and accuracy.

Other than that, yes, they are the same bullet except for the tip grin
Originally Posted by goodnews

I'm reloading the TTSXs now but my experience had been with the TSX and was all good. I dropped from 300s to the 270-gr TSX in my 375; from 180s in my '06 to the 168/165s. I've taken about 15 head of game with them and recovered two, one out of a big burchells zebra and one that hit brush but stayed "on track" and killed a waterbuck, having gone through sideways. The rest ventilated their target on both sides and sailed on.

They've also been the most accurate bullet in these rifles.

Quoted the above for context. I'm loading the 140-gr TTSX in my .284 now for from deer to triceratops as at my age you finally quit dinking around with multiple loads--who has the time? Other than a few of the plastic blue tips falling out in the box, these bullets have done fine sitting atop R17 even though there's a rumor that they will over penetrate which I can confirm is certainly true with paper anyway. But I still like moderate weights with the TTSXs as the laws of physics will not be refuted in spit of spit-fire muzzle vel's. By the way, on African game they did not way over-penetrate but were just about right as I saw it.
I can't speak for elk, but a 100TSX will make you feel overgunned for deer.
I use a 200G in my 300 WM for everything. Have shot a lot of stuff from duikers to sable in Africa - all one shot.

I use 225G in my 338, 400G in a 416.

I'm going to use 100G in a 257 Bob, but it shoots 100 Hornady's so good, that I may not switch. I want to try some 80TTSX in it too.
I'm loading the 140-gr TTSX in my .284 now for from deer to triceratops as at my age you finally quit dinking around with multiple loads--who has the time? ......... But I still like moderate weights with the TTSXs as the laws of physics will not be refuted in spit of spit-fire muzzle vel's. By the way, on African game they did not way over-penetrate but were just about right as I saw it.

I used the 140 XFB quite a few times to take caribou or moose and was very pleased; never captured one either (with my 7mm-08). I haven't been as enthused with the "improved" design of the TSX which has been streamlined, presumably to make it shoot flatter and perhaps prevent the loss of the petals, neither issues I had with the old XFB design.
I'm inclined to give the 139 GMX a go in another foray into mono-metal bullets. It also peels back quite tight to the shank like the TSX, but it has six petals instead of four. It seems to open quite readily even at -08 velocities and "dumps" energy well enough if the old paint cans I've shot at 200 yards are a moderately indicative representation.

Quoted the above for context. I'm loading the 140-gr TTSX in my .284 now for from deer to triceratops as at my age you finally quit dinking around with multiple loads--who has the time?

goodnews: Big ditto....one load, premium bullet.....shoot everything. wink

I'm a bit bugged by the blue tips falling out though....WTF is up with that? Things could get a bit unhappy if it happened in the magazine of the rifle.... frown

Originally Posted by ltppowell

+1 for shure..

I have one exception...my 7x57 likes the 160 TSX so thats what it gets...it WAYYYYYYY overpenetrates just like the lighter ones, so I figger...what the heck..... wink

I snapped this pic of one wayyyy overpenetrating...

[Linked Image]
Ingwe

I can see why that one over penetrated. I prefer a little more expansion than that. laugh
7mm-08....120gr TSX
25-06 ...100gr TSX
.257 Roy..100gr TSX
.300 Roy..168gr TSX
100g TTSX in my .257 Roberts
168g TTSX in my .308 Win
180g MRX in my .300 Win Mag

No bullets recovered, no plans to change.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by ltppowell

+1 for shure..

I have one exception...my 7x57 likes the 160 TSX so thats what it gets...it WAYYYYYYY overpenetrates just like the lighter ones, so I figger...what the heck..... wink

I snapped this pic of one wayyyy overpenetrating...

[Linked Image]
Ingwe

I can only imagine the confusion new members might have when they read all these posts about "Way over penetrates"

Them not knowing the origin... grin
They sure don't shoot worth a crap either..........

[Linked Image]

Bob, I don't know if I'm the "one in a million" sort but I'm the guy who orders something with directions "requiring several simple steps" seemingly written by somebody for whom reading comprehension is a myth or is bombed or perhaps both and it's always missing one nut,..or bolt, or screw, and in this case, two boxes of 7mm TTSXs whereupon on opening (and perhaps over-fondling), a couple of the blue tips parted ways with said bullets.

I expect it's an anomaly. smile
goodnews I suspect you're right.....but I opened a box of federal premiums with 180 AB's and 3-4 had no tips......I am not bothered by anomalies so long as they happen to someone else.... grin
Bob -

Two words...

"North Fork"
270 Winchester with 110g Tripple shocks with Win 760 at 3350=1/2" accuracy...deer do not stop this bullet

7 Mag-120g tripple shock at 3500-3600, (negates the 257 Weatherby with 120's at 3300)

7 STW- 120g tripple shock-massacres deer..I won't even mention the velocity...no one would believe it.

I would not shoot these light bullets on elk, but would go one step in grain weight heavier.

I killed two large bulls with a 7 Mag with the "old style" 140g ballistic tips loaded with 65g of IMR 4350 with a 9 1/2 primer. These bullets were supposed to explode on impact, but when both bulls were shot at a dead run, they stuck, their noses straight out, front legs quit working, and they plowed the ground. One bull kicked three or 4 times and the other never moved. I shot these bulls back before we knew of these bullets exploding on impact. My leade was off on both bulls, and I hit them dead center of the body. Today, I would use a 140 or 150g Partition or Tripple shock of the same weight. I killed a buch of cows with a 243 with 100g Hornady's.

I think that we are on the verge of a bullet revolution with all the different Mono type bullets and lighter bonded core bullets. I am sure that the tempory wound cavity that is created by a faster lighter bullet far exceds the slower heavier bullet. Very few elk will stop a solid copper bullet on a broadside shot.

Even the 243 with the 85g tripple shock bullets at 3300 may not stop a bullet from traveling the length of a deer leaving massive damage inside.

I think that you are going to find two camps on this topic, lighter/faster and slower/heavier. Of course, long range shooging past 450 that is the break even point where lighter/faster = slower/heavier are on the same playing field in as far as bullet drop and wind drift. Past 450, you have another game you are playing and is another topic entirely.
Originally Posted by BobinNH
goodnews I suspect you're right.....but I opened a box of federal premiums with 180 AB's and 3-4 had no tips......I am not bothered by anomalies so long as they happen to someone else.... grin

I've seen the tips missing more than once
Keith,

Some interesting points there. I just wonder if the "bullet revolution" you refer to makes some of the older cartridges more popular as they increase velocity with smaller bullets to achieve the same result. If that is the case, then does this mean that some of the mega magnums are going to face greater challenges?

Having just waffled, the game we are chasing hasn't got any tougher, only the marketing...

LowBC
LowBC, just think of how game was almost eliminated in many states in the late 1880's with black powder and lead bullets.

Back to your question. I think that what a lot of hunters are discovering is that speed kills instantly. The temporary wound cavity that is caused by extremes in speed is brought out in FAST bullets.

The trouble with fast bulles has always been that they are light and lack penetration, penetration issues is not an issue anmore.

I had not thought of it, but older cartridges may see a resurgance as folks learn that they can shoot lighter bullets faster.

Remember the 250/3000. It gained popularity due to the fact that it could push a bullet to 3000 fps. 80g Tipped tripple shocks in that same cartridge would be awesome.

All this talk of bullets seem to leade one to a false conclusion that shot placement is always first. We don't talk about shot placement very much anymore.

The udertones of marketing new stuff today is that some bullets make a bad shot good. In some respects, that statement is true.
If you like/want to shoot game up the butt, then these new Barnes Bulles, GMX, and Nosler E tips will sure get the job done.

Last year I wanted some doe meat. A large doe walked out at about 100 yards and started walking straight away from me. I had a 243 loaded with 85g Barnes Tripple shocks loaded with 45.5g of R#19 with a Win primer. I shot the doe just off the right edge of the BH, bullet broke the pelvis, traveled the entire length of the body, broke the right front shoulder, and was under the hide. Needless to say, she was dead before she hit the ground.

With this kind of killing power, I really am starting to re-evaluate the need of some of my larger calibers with the exception of longer range shooting.

My buddy that helped me skin the doe bought a used 6mm Rem. He killed 12 deer last year with the 85g Tripple shocks.

Smaller cartridges like the 25/06 may become magnums in this age of new bullets.

My brother killed a large doe with a 53g Tripple shock at 270 yards last year...with an AR-15....what's the world coming to....deer hunting with an AR-15???? The guy has several gun safe's full of nice rifles and carries an AR-15 deer hunting???
He did put a $200 trigger on the AR and a 6-20 Leupold Long range....Madness!!!

I also know a guy here that kills a lot of deer every year with a 22/250 and the Nosler 60g Partitons. I have seen the deer shot with those 60's going 3400+.

For a guy that is wanting to go Smaller, now is a great time to do so with the fantastic selection of bullets available.

A guy should remember that shot placement will still be the key to a quick humane kill void of a long tracking job.
I like lighter for caliber TTSX bullets,my favorite for my 280AI is the 140gr TTSX.
Shot some 140gr TTSX from my Coleman 280ai and I 'likeeeeee'
Two elkies and 1 mule deer with TTSX

.300 Win 180 - 360 yds 6X6 pass through DRT
.270 Roy 130 - 150 yds cow pass through DRT
.270 Roy 130 - 80 yds MD pass through DRT

Will be using them this year on Grizz....one of the .30's 180's
prolly .300 win mag.

I guess I am starting to like them.

Lefty C
With Corelokt's and soft Silvertips and Hornady's blowing right through deer (and Accubonds smashing hips then going the length of a deer) I fail to see much reason to get horned up over an expensive, low-BC, way-overpenetrator <grin> with relatively common expansion issues, on deer.

Elk? Oh hell yeah. Sign me up, at least in terms of penetration. Though again, it's not like one needs a mono bullet to penetrate adequately on an elk.

In general still not drinking the koolaid here. smile

With Corelokt's and soft Silvertips and Hornady's blowing right through deer (and Accubonds smashing hips then going the length of a deer) I fail to see much reason to get horned up over an expensive, low-BC, way-overpenetrator <grin> with relatively common expansion issues, on deer.

Elk? Oh hell yeah. Sign me up, at least in terms of penetration. Though again, it's not like one needs a mono bullet to penetrate adequately on an elk.

Jeff since we are talking about the TTSX here I fail to see any accuracy in your statement of "LOW BC".
I think having a bullet that is supposed to work on big game and shoot accurately is a great plus for hunters. However, I myself could never get the Barnes product in bullets to enven shoot much below 2 inch groups at 100 yards off the bench. Now I wam speaking of over 6 different calibers over the years since 1995.

I recently did try some of those "triple shock" Barnes bullets last summer, shooting them into an old 8ft stock tank full of water. I still had some bullets that did NOT expand and open as advertised. The accuracy was better out of the rifle shot, which was 1.5 inches at 100 yds off the bench.

In closing I suppose it just wasn't meant for my rifles to shoot those Barnes X type bullets. I'll simply stay with the Nosler Partitions, TBBC, Swift A Frames and Remington Core-Lokts as well as those Hornady bullets for varmints/predators.
Originally Posted by Fotis

Jeff since we are talking about the TTSX here I fail to see any accuracy in your statement of "LOW BC".

If jeff ever gets around to using the bullet that he loves to bash, he may just find he has to bump the BC up to or above what nosler lists theirs at, to match real world findings..
Originally Posted by prm
I can say the 185 TTSX was the easiest to get shooting real well in my 338 Fed. Currently running 2725, but have some loaded a bit heavier waiting for a trip to the range. Hope it's plenty for elk.

PRM-I also have gone with the 185 TSX's in my 338 Fed. My velovities are around 2630 fps. I killed three does this fall with it, none of them big. Our central Texas deer usually run pretty light. Although I never recovered a bullet from a deer, the exit wounds all led me to believe the bullet expanded well. I am very happy with it and think it will have no trouble smashing through an elk. Good luck.
Uh .... you're shooting a heavier bullet, with greater frontal area, faster than decades of elk killed by 180 gr 30-06s RNSP cup and cores, back when it was rumbling along at 2500 fps and you're concerned ? Saw that same TSX go break both shoulders of an Elk at 100 Yards+ from a little Kimber 338 Federal. Bang, flop, dead.
All I can add is that two big NM bulls wish the 168 TTSX was never built for the 300 WBY. Gotta luv that combo. smile
More fun is in a 30-378 where it still shoots 3/4 MOA ..... but you never get to recover any !
Originally Posted by KDF
I've got a real good load worked up for my 7STW with the 150 TSX's at about 3400fps. Kevin

Dude, that's smokin! My 7mm RUM won't do 3400 fps without pressure signs out of a 26" tube. How long of a barrel are you running?

I've got some 85 gr TSX's that I'd love to test out on some deer this year out of my 6mm Rem. Sounds like they will do the trick.
I shoot Barnes in the 243,6mm,264mag and 280..BUT.. I also shoot Partitions.One thing I constantly hear that makes me grit my teeth is a comparison of BC to killing power!! We all know higher BC bullets do have a little magic at range but if BC matters that much you couldn't kill squat with a 45/70 !! Bullet construction matched with the appropriate velocity trumps BC any day in the average hunting scenario..
I shot my elk with a 210 TTSX out of my custom 338-06. 60yds broadside first shot in the timber; double-lungged..in and out....2nd shot was at about 80 yds..Texas Heart shot....travelled the length of the bull...DRT
[Linked Image]
good shootin'
johnny
Nice bull! I shoot a 338/06 a fair bit as well, what do you like for powder in yours?

Also if you don't mind what state was the bull taken in?

Thx 4 sharing

Dober
I'll bet that Bull and a VERY NICE ONE I might add..didn't know he was killed with a ballistically deficient bullet as some say they are grin
Of course @ 80 yds not a lot of ballistic deficientcy's (spl?) show up either.. wink

Dober
I'm going to run the 210TTSX's in my 338wm this year for a change. Nothing wrong with the 225NAB's I was using, just want to know what all the fuss is about :-)
Great NJ bull! The 210 TTSX just kills things in the 338-06 - gotta luv it. Congrats on a great bull no matter where it came from.
Dober,

That bull came from your state...out near Thompson Falls MT.
He was a nice 6x7 with good genetics...about 3 years old according to the game warden who pulled the tooth at the check station.
My 338-06 loves Reloder 15 with any bullet on top of it.
My 210 TTSX load wasn't at all the fastest as I was using a Shepherd scope on that rifle, and was matching my loads elevations to the reticles elevations in the scope.(about 2725fps)
Ballistically speaking, maybe not the best bullet, but that rifle(custom 700/Shilen barrel) would put them in 4-5" groups at 600yds, depending on my shooting ability on that particular day.
And thanks for the comments...that is my first elk, but hopefully not my last.
johnny
That's awesome! I was out shooting my 338/06 today, it likes R15 and H4350 and R17.

Were you hunting on your own or with an outfitter? TF is tough country in this kids opinion. Well done!

Thx
Dober
I was with an outfitter (Cody Carr) on public land....Yes!!! those mountains are tough!! Plus I think my guide had a good percentage of mountain goat blood in him.
H4350 I have for another rifle, and R17 was on this list for the other rifle to pick up...may just have to try 'em out...but R15 sure does work.
good shootin'
johnny
50gr TTSX 22-250
100gr TTSX 257 ROY
130gr TTSX 270 ROY
140gr TTSX 280AI
130gr TTSX 308
140gr TTSX 7mag
I never got good accuracy out of the TSX like I do the TTSX. The good thing about living in Texas I practice on critters not paper. All kill extremely well with no follow up shots needed.
I am a fan of medium weights for all guns/bullets. That way, I get good speed and trajectory as well as more than enough knock down.

.257 wby shoots 100 TTSX
.300 wsm shoots 168 TTSX
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
I am a fan of medium weights for all guns/bullets. That way, I get good speed and trajectory as well as more than enough knock down.

.257 wby shoots 100 TTSX
.300 wsm shoots 168 TTSX

I'd bet the 168 ttsx in the 300 wsm would put an elk down in a hurry wouldn't it.
OK It shoud do if your rifle can getalong with her. Maybe a bitch though.
Have yet to meet any 308, 30-06, any 300 magnum that won't shoot the 168 TSX.

If it won't you either have a bad barrel or are not following RTFI.
i use the TTSX in my 30-06. 150 Gr.

57 Grs of IMR4350 gives me 3,000 out of my 26" BBL.

it blew a huse hole though the 2 deer i hit with it, and the bear i killed with it also only went 40 yard after being hit from 10 feet. i recovered the bullet out of a madrone tree some 50 yards behind the bear, and it was 99% weight retention.

hard to go wrong with that.... and they shoot very well out of my gun too.
Anie asked about the 150 ttsx in a 300 wm I used this bullet last fall on the biggest bull Ive ever taken and thought it did wonders I use 80.5 grns 7828sc this load is very accurate in my rifle previously i used the old 200 gr x molied with spectacular results tried the 200 tsx but couldnt get the same results in the accuracy dept as the old x the previous year I used the 150 in an 06 with outstanding results on a bull as well as 168 tsx on some black bears so thumbs up for the 150 I may try the new 200 ttsx this summer to see if It shoots as well as the old x did
Cheers Tony
© 24hourcampfire