Home
Posted By: noduck First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
Got back from Wy on my first mule/elk trip was gone for 2 weeks. Had a blast awesome country.. Only down fall was way to warm out hunting was hard.. Ended up getting a small mule deer and a 6x6 elk shot them at the same time, crazy story..... Here a pic of the elk..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Whelenman Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
And know the rest of the story
Posted By: Cinch Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
Nice bull! Where were you hunting?
Posted By: noduck Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
The story we were with an outfitter at his high camp not seeing much cause of the warm weather, he said we could move to a lower camp and try there..We had to wait for him to move horses,saddles etc around from high to low camp... He said by lower camp there is some land that we could hunt dont need a guide. So we went for it,, first saw a cow elk tried to sneak up on it slipped past us dropped a guy off at that spot. next me and my buddy went up the next ridge, I glassed some mule deer on the next hill two were bucks.I still had a mulie tag left told my buddy im going for it.. The bucks walked over the hill so i ran up the hill got to the top, i could here them.. I looked were the sound was and the 6x6 was 40 yds away he trotted off i got into position to shoot didnt have a shoot looked left saw buck mule deer 60 yds away dropped him one shot. Elk stopped 120 yds away missed first shot hit his rack then dropped him on second shot. A couple minutes went by i yelled out a wohooo the cow elk that slipped by us got up in front of my buddy and he shot that at 300 yds.... Went a week and a half saw no elk,that monday morn the temp was 20 degrees cooler and there was a storm on its way.....We had 6 tags went 5/6 3 mule deer 2 elk...
Posted By: noduck Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
We were hunting 40 miles south of jackson ...
Posted By: c86man3 Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
Wow, I have never heard of someone taking two different big game species within such a short period.

That is a nice bull! Congrats.
Posted By: ChipM Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/12/10
Great story and sometimes it just works out that way..very nice elk
Posted By: Huntr Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
Heck of a bull! Congrats.
Posted By: 68W Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
Awesome bull! I have a buck and a bull tag that I start hunting this week, I'm hoping to have a similar story--two dead animals on the same trip. Congrats
Posted By: anie Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
Sounds like a story to me
Posted By: noduck Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
Anie, since you were the one that shot the cow elk did i leave anything out.. I was going to mention you in the story but didnt know what your privacy clause is at the fire ha ha ha.......

See you this weekend

and keep your eyes in the ditches you know what i mean...
Posted By: anie Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
I think you got it covered, well done
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/13/10
Nice Bull
Posted By: Scotty Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/14/10
congratulations
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: First elk hunt in Wy - 10/15/10
Way cool.
© 24hourcampfire