Home
Posted By: mtcurman Did you get drawn? - 07/20/11
How many of you guys got drawn for elk in your respective areas in Montana? My dad, brother and I got skunked for both 410 bow and rifle, but thankfully Mom did draw a bow tag. smile I guess we'll be hunting open areas during rifle season. Oh well, I want to get a big Mulie anyway! grin

Ben
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/20/11
Nope didnt get drawn either bud. Maybe next year.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/20/11
I didnt put in for elk, but my wife did. Zilch on the bull tag, so we are waiting on cow tag results, plus antelope drawing to come...
Posted By: JimR Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/20/11
Didn't get drawn but just obtained a landowner tag last evening for a late cow hunt.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/20/11
nope! (I'm up to 152 bonus points as of July 18th).

I'll be getting my usual two cow mitigation tags again this year.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/21/11
No draw no where...
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/21/11
Either sex antelope permits for both the wife and I. There are some really big bucks this year with the type of wet spring and summer we've had.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/22/11
Just my unlimited mulie tag here in the B valley, an antelope B tag by Dillon and an elk A7 locally. Nothing too special but I'll take it.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Either sex antelope permits for both the wife and I. There are some really big bucks this year with the type of wet spring and summer we've had.

Congrats Pat! None of us got drawn for antelope, but I'm gonna try and get a doe antelope tag, and a couple antlerless whitetail tags too. My brother and I are getting creative about what guns we want to use on does this year! grin
Posted By: abc Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/22/11
I drew a either sex 330 antelope tag and a 330 doe antelope tag. I have never hunted antelope in any area other than the 700's in Eastern Montana.
Posted By: azcoues Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/22/11
I drew and ANY elk tag in AZ Sept 26th thru Oct 2
rifle - SCREAMIN TAG
Posted By: Elkmen Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/22/11
I drew an early season cow tag in Wyoming, a spike bull tag in Oregon, and a late season cow tag in Idaho. (all rifle hunts) Have not decided what I will do in my home state of Washington as yet. Perhaps a September archery hunt or save my gas money for Wyoming.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/23/11
got a B tag for cow in 700
Posted By: rl11 Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/23/11
Originally Posted by abc
I drew a either sex 330 antelope tag and a 330 doe antelope tag. I have never hunted antelope in any area other than the 700's in Eastern Montana.

Region three antelope is a blast, if the odds were better I'd put my first choice for region three every year over 7. I think you'll want to get some BMA maps before you head down there.
Posted By: LarryfromBend Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/30/11
Nothing in MT, but I did draw an Elk tag in the Northside Unit in Oregon --- one of my favorites!
Posted By: fezant Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/30/11
Before the draw I had 7 points, trying to draw in 410. Now I have 8.
Posted By: Bull_Elk Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/31/11
Nuthin' No Elk, No antelope.

It twisted me so much that to take my mind off it I went and bought a new hog leg from Ingwe.
Posted By: utah708 Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/31/11
Pretty much blanked for this year.
Posted By: arffdog875 Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/31/11
I drew 4th season rifle Elk for CO, Sept bear for CO and the Mrs. drew her 4th season elk for CO. I will not complain!
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Did you get drawn? - 07/31/11
Drew an archery either sex elk and a cow tag. Also, a mule deer doe tag. Really wanted the antelope, but after the winter they had I didn't expect to get it.
© 24hourcampfire