Home
Posted By: Greenhorn 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
On pure fun, it's no contest. But on results, let's make a bet.

The subject of the wager is elk hunting, unguided, public land, over the counter general season.

Who will kill the the most spectacular bull of 2012, Logsplitter or any his genetically superior offspring. OR this youngster who's currently 11 and will be enjoying his first season as a hunter? He's got no elk kills under his belt and is short in the tooth.

Place your bets, gentlemen. I realize that this is almost not fair.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ribka Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
My money is on the young fellow!

Let's do the total outdoor experience..Fish and Game, a year around or the rest of this year,who gets more Fish/Deer/Wolves/ Elk and Grouse.I'm in for fun only...

Maybe a weekly picture of what we actually do outdoors or don't, and what we take?

What say you Greenhorn...I love a challenge..Are you up to a little fun and alot of hunting and fishing with weekly reports with pictures to prove?I only have a cell phone camera but I will make sure I take it along.

Jayco
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by ribka
My money is on the young fellow!

Bettin' on the lil' dude too!
Posted By: Brad Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by logcutter
who gets more Fish/Deer/Wolves/ Elk and Grouse.

Figures you'd make it about quantity, not quality...
Let Greenhorn either take the bet or not..I'm in if he is and he challenged me first.I just want to ad all fish and game...The Total outdoors experiences for the rest of this year including but not limited to, Elk ..

As Greenhorn said..It's all in fun.

Jayco
The logsplitter challenge is about the biggest elk, period. My boy couldn't be bothered with that other crap. laugh I see you are going to tuck your tail, as you should.

He won't be using his .223. laugh
[Linked Image]
I am changing it to you since your the mouth here..I am not challenging your boy,I am challenging you,personally...

Will you take the challenge of who gets the most Fish and Game,including Elk for the rest of this year?It can be just you or you and your family...

Elk is included,not excluded...

Jayco
Logsplitter knows he and his boys got ZERO chance so he tries to change the rules. Hilarious.

None the less, I'll come back to this subject in about 8 months and share a photo. You be sure to share yours, logsplitter. It will be funny, and just so you know, you (and anybody that is genetically tied to you) are most definitely the underdog(s).
Young man's got the eyes of a killer.
BIGGER IS BETTER.
SIZE MATTERS.
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Logsplitter knows he and his boys got ZERO chance so he tries to change the rules. Hilarious.

None the less, I'll come back to this subject in about 8 months and share a photo. You be sure to share yours, logsplitter. It will be funny, and just so you know, you (and anybody that is genetically tied to you) are most definitely the underdog(s).

I did not pass on it or back out,I just want to ad all Fish and Game for the rest of the year and you know better or you would take it.

It's all in fun as you said..Why won't you take the bet?There is more to hunting and the outdoors than just Elk hunting and especially,trophy hunting.

Come on Greenie...Take the whole bet and I will take yours.I am game for the fun of it.

Jayco
I could care less how many squirrels, grouse, catfish, and forked horn animals you and your clan can amass. The only point is to address your frequently used, and super ignorant question of, "How old are you and how many elk have you killed" to calibrate the worth of another's comment.

He's 11, has taken zero elk.. and YOU have NO CHANCE.
Make it fair, let him road hunt in tennis shoes.
I am changing it because I'm sure he's in school every day and I'm retired, with all the time in the world on my hands......and I need to stack the deck to beat him.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Make it fair, let him road hunt in tennis shoes.

That was mean... and funny.
Who here likes to get drunk and make stupid post?You challenged me and I will take that bet if you include all Fish and Game for the rest of the year.

Your not drunk already are you?Stay sober long enough to take the challenge..PLEASE!!!!!

I syphoned some high-octane brew down last night, and started 9 posts in a couple of minutes.
Who here likes to hunt for big bulls.. Elk Hunting Yesterday at 09:20 PM
Who here has drank a whole growler of Bozeman hopzone in one sitting? Elk Hunting 03/05/12 11:11 PM
Who here has ever been banned from a website.. Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:51 PM
Who here has eaten raw elk liver from a fresh kill.. Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:50 PM
Who here has actually used a handful of snow.. Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:49 PM
Who here has got a blumpkin? Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:47 PM
Who here has shot an elk with a 50BMG? Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:46 PM
Who here's got an elk with a ball peen hammer? Elk Hunting 03/05/12 10:46 PM
Who here's got an elk with a .22lr?

Jayco
That was fun. As will be proving an 11 year old is more apt to rake in a trophy bull elk in 2012 than you or anybody related to you.
I will take that bet if you include all Fish and Game for the rest of the year.

Changing the rules means you're not "taking the bet."

The original bet was pretty clear.

Obviously all this plain English is lost as it crosses the Idaho border...
How old are you and how many elk have you killed? haha
Gee Mack..Seems those 14 total Elk have gone to your head. grinYou 'da man of Elk hunting...

I did "Not" pass on the bet,I will take it if he agrees to throw in all fish and game prior to Elk hunting and including Elk, and I will limit my time out to once a week,something most all of us can swing,working or not.

Jayco
Like I said, not into squirrels, rodents, feathered friends, fins, it's elk. Take it or leave it. And I'm not in, just the 11 year old. That's it, take it or leave it you old blowhard.

I've got $100 on the 11 year old, it would be much higher if he didn't tell me already that he's going to shoot the first legal bull he can. I've just got to make sure he sees the right bull first... and I've got a feeling, a high bar won't be required.
Like I said, not into squirrels, rodents, feathered friends, fins, it's elk. Take it or leave it. And I'm not in, just the 11 year old. That's it, take it or leave it you old blowhard.

I've got $100 on the 11 year old, it would be much higher if he didn't tell me already that he's going to shoot the first legal bull he can. I've just got to make sure he sees the right bull first.

Why are you not in?I want you not your fine son,just the guy that thinks he is the stud of the outdoors and I don't mean that the way it might seem.

You like to go after me,"now back it up"..Just you and me and fish and game..Know one else's counts from this day on...

You challenged me with another drunk post and I am excepting if it is only you and me and Fish and Game we get.Leave the kids out of it...

Jayco
Posted By: 444Matt Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
The whole fish/game experience sounds more interesting to me fellas, but whatever.
Logplitter challenge, he bails. Tucks his tail, fully aware an 11 year old who's never taken an elk will make him look silly after all those times he says.. "How old are you? How many elk have you killed?"
Logsplitter never askes guys how many grouse they've killed. Or how many lips they've ripped. Or how many coyotes they've shot, or gophers... It's always elk, and age.

Hence.. the Logsplitter challenge.
grin

You said this was in fun, so I will leave it there and not make it something else.I did not back out just want the whole outdoors experience to be shown for all to see..Lot's of fish and game..What's wrong with that?

Anyway Greenhorn.....I hope your 11 year old gets his Elk this year and it is a whopper.I was 11 when I got my first Elk so I know what it means at that age.

I am off Stealhead fishing in a few when my son shows up with my mighty .223 for any Wolves that show.If I have to combat fish,I'll come back here and get drunk and start 10 stupid post,all in fun ehhhh. grin

I want more of these...It's addictive more so than Elk,in my opinion.

[Linked Image]

Jayco
Off to Lone Peak. He's trying the tram today. Logsplitter, go shoot some gophers and stack them up in a photo for your contest with the 11 year old. laugh By the way, how old are you? haha
[Linked Image]
By the way, how old are you?

I am 63..How old are you?

Jayco
Posted By: Calvin Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
So is the hunt solo for the kids, with no adult assistance? That'd be cool. Toughen them up for sure. Give them an epirb and let them have at it.
You challenged me with another drunk post and I am excepting........

Jayco

No, you're not.

logbiter.............I'll challenge you're stupid bragging azz too.

I'm sure you'll lose to the 11 year old. So, maybe you can beat a 70 year old who is half blind shooting a muzzleloader. You claim I don't do anything outdoors. We'll let the challenge speak for who can hunt.

I don't take pictures, but this year i'll be hunting with someone who always takes pictures, and might even make a video.

If by some miracle you get an elk. I want to see you in the picture with a piece of paper with that days date, and proof it's you.

This is an elk challenge, so don't bother coming back with any squirrel challenges.

You can even use the no fail .223.
I am on my cellphone on the river doing what I do and your doing what you do.Don't know if this will work but here's to you and your. Talk /talk/talk..

Tap the picture..

[Linked Image]
Just a yes or no will be fine.

I don't give a crap about your fishing. This is about elk.
Posted By: SLM Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
I am on my cellphone on the river doing what I do and your doing what you do.Don't know if this will work but here's to you and your. Talk /talk/talk..

Tap the picture..

[Linked Image]

Greens up a lot sooner in your country than mine.
SLM

Just in places right now.I believe this place is about 1200 ft in elevation on the main Salmon River below Whitebird and it has been getting in the upper 50's and low 60's during the day...I was surprised and that's why aI took the short video to show the wife..I want to pull my RV down there for a while...

The fish are starting to bite..Nothing great but it's a start..I just came home when so many started to come down.It is Saturday.I do not like combat fishing..Anyway,It's Beer time to make the fish bigger and get 'er ready to smoke up.

How about a Sam picture with a few Beers in it. grin

[Linked Image]

Jayco laugh
SLM

Just in places right now.I believe this place is about 1200 ft in elevation on the main Salmon River below Whitebird and it has been getting in the upper 50's and low 60's during the day...I was surprised and that's why aI took the short video to show the wife..I want to pull my RV down there for a while...

The fish are starting to bite..Nothing great but it's a start..I just came home when so many started to come down.It is Saturday.I do not like combat fishing..Anyway,It's Beer time to make the fish bigger and get 'er ready to smoke up.

How about a Sam picture with a few Beers in it. grin

[Linked Image]

Jayco laugh

This photo explains a lot. You can only provide photo proof of hobbies that involve sitting on your ass and drinking beer. I guess that is why you're not accepting the elk challenge.
WTF belly...I did not say I would not take the challenge..Show me where I said that....

Your just mouthing the [bleep] off..Show me where I said no....

Jayco
BellyDeep

Your profile says your a fly fisherman...Show us some fish,any fish to show you are.Don't hide behing the screen..Back it up.

[Linked Image]

Jayco
whats so hard about catching fish?
Originally Posted by bigblock455
whats so hard about catching fish?

Well,show me some then.

Jayco

Posted By: Tom264 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
That reminds me....crappie time soon....!
Originally Posted by Tom264

You and your kid are great fishermen..Love the pictures you have posted..

And yes..Stealhead is a POS.

Jayco
Posted By: Tom264 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by Tom264

You and your kid are great fishermen..Love the pictures you have posted..

And yes..Stealhead is a POS.

Jayco
I hope to have some new pics with fish soon but work has me slammed, and I need to put a new roof on my house.
WTF belly...I did not say I would not take the challenge..Show me where I said that....

Your just mouthing the [bleep] off..Show me where I said no....

Jayco

You haven't said yes either. It's not a hard question.

Yes, or no would be the simple answers. What is there to think about? You called me a phony, so lets see who the phony is?
Fishing and Hunting with the family is like,the best..Nothing has to be a trophy for bragging rights,it's all about being in the outdoors just doing it,not just talking about it.

This trophy mentality leaves me wondering the lengths some go to get what they thing a trophy is...You don't here much talk about full freezers and tummies,of wild game,just trophy's.

Bigger isn't always better,taste wise and anyone who has shot alot of Elk,knows that.

Jayco
Well?
You called me a phony, so lets see who the phony is?

Because you do not have one picture of anything to show you have hunted over 50 years..Not one...Just show me one and I will back off...

How about just a camp picture or maybe your rifle or let it be your grandkids or kids,anything....

Jayco
[quote]You called me a phony, so lets see who the phony is?

Because you do not have one picture of anything to show you have hunted over 50 years..Not one...Just show me one and I will back off...

"How about just a camp picture or maybe your rifle or let it be your grandkids or kids,anything...."

Lets not start that crap again. I showed you picture from the DOW of my hunting and fishing licences. It also had a Sr fishing license, since you called me a phony for not being over 60. A member also came on the thread, and told you he's seen the elk i've killed. That's way more proof than anything you showed.

You didn't show one picture of you in it with a kill. So, you're whining for me to show you something you haven't showed either.
You showed some guy in his 20's with a big fish. Is that suppose to be you? I thought you didn't brag about fish, and I thought you were 63?

I think you're full of crap, and this challenge will prove it. The fact that you didn't jump at the challenge shows what you're made of. You're even afraid of a kid.

You killed your first elk at 8 years old (LOL). You should be an expert by now. Show us!
A gun I just sold.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6247414/1
In case you missed it the first time.

[Linked Image]
grin

I'll make it easy...

Back in our day during the draft, the military dog tags had what on them?What does yours say...

Hey dude..There is not one picture of myself on the net and never will be or a fist fight will happen to any I help and get there game.Your more than welcome to come visit and I will show you around but no pictures,period of me.

Now,you dog tags say what from one old dog to the other?

Owe chit..I missed this you wrote...Sorry..

You're even afraid of a kid

Yeah,that's it, all four of my boys make me tremble but not one can put me down arm wrestling or beat me in vertical push-ups.

Your right ..I'm scarred...

Jayco laugh
It's a simple challenge from a kid, and a blind half crippled old man, and you're talking about dog tags.

So, the pictures you showed holding a fish wasn't you? Figures.

There is a phony in this thread, but it's not me.

The challenge is open until the hunting season. If you can gather up enough balls to take it. Let me know.

Meanwhile anything you type will be bull.
WOW

A 70 year old on my case and getting huffy...Hey old man...I will pay for your ride here to talk in person from Colorado.No threat just person to person talking for old people only.

Are you up to seeing Idaho's best "on me"?

Jayco
You call me a phony on a public forum, and now you want to be best buds?
Posted By: RickBin Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/10/12
My bet is that Greenhorn already has the little guy's bull picked out for him. wink
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

I don't want to be best buds in any way..Just saying,there are things that happen on the net without seeing it in person.Some just can't get what is on there mind to the keyboard in the right way...

If you doubt in any way..Contact Big Redhead from this forum.The only guy I have met from here..Ask him if I am nothing but gracious to a total stranger and his family.

Sorry Dave.

Jayco

I don't want to be best buds in any way..Just saying,there are things that happen on the net without seeing it in person.Some just can't get what is on there mind to the keyboard in the right way...

If you doubt in any way..Contact Big Redhead from this forum.The only guy I have met from here..Ask him if I am nothing but gracious to a total stranger and his family.

Sorry Dave.

Jayco

You're a hard one to figure. Why can't you act on a forum the same way you do in person?

I'm the same everywhere. I mess around a lot, but it's in good fun. I never insult anybody first, but don't back down if it's done to me.
There's a pattern with a lot of guys on this forum. They just throw out false accusations for no reason, and then others with similar pea brains believe them.

It gets old after awhile.

Tap the picture..

[Linked Image]

Odd......the timestamp on that file says 2011-08-08........
And yes, it IS awfully green there for March.... Looks about right for August though.
Odd......the timestamp on that file says 2011-08-08

That's cell phones for you...I don't own a camera...Check out Lewiston Idaho and Whitebird weather..People are mowing there lawns already..

I wish, although ours is getting green.

Jayco

That's cell phones for you...I don't own a camera...Check out Lewiston Idaho and Whitebird weather..People are mowing there lawns already..

Jayco

BS, you've posted that before
Check the IP address stud.

Jayco
OK I'm not reading all the women talk. This is the elk section. Logsplitter can find somewhere/somebody else to belittle about their age and how ignorant they are since he's older and has caught more fish, shot more grouse, ate more raw livers... etc.

Bottom line, LogSplitter is in. The 11 year old (who will never know about this) will be defeating logsplitter (and his clan) in a big elk contest 2012. Done deal. See you back in November with results.

Better get to work logsplitter, he might hunt 3 days this fall, You're gonna need a full month or more to have a chance.
so logsplitter, Did you take that video today? haha laugh
Posted By: ribka Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/11/12
I was fishing near Lewiston ID last week. Snow on the ground and 26 degrees in them morning. Talking about Lewiston Maine?

Jayco
OK I'm not reading all the women talk. This is the elk section. Logsplitter can find somewhere/somebody else to belittle about their age and how ignorant they are since he's older and has caught more fish, shot more grouse, ate more raw livers... etc.

Bottom line, LogSplitter is in. The 11 year old (who will never know about this) will be defeating logsplitter (and his clan) in a big elk contest 2012. Done deal. See you back in November with results.

Better get to work logsplitter, he might hunt 3 days this fall, You're gonna need a full month or more to have a chance.

What woman talk would that be?
Here's a shot that actually was taken today. 11,100ft.. 11 year old knuckle-dragger, soon to be elk hunter.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RickBin
My bet is that Greenhorn already has the little guy's bull picked out for him. wink

Which is incredible considering some havent even dropped this years antlers yet grin
So, maybe you can beat a 70 year old who is half blind shooting a muzzleloader. You claim I don't do anything outdoors. We'll let the challenge speak for who can hunt.

MH, you're 70 and Logcutter is 62 which means by his math you're a much better elk hunter than him. I doubt he'll take your bet grin

Let's do the total outdoor experience..Fish and Game, a year around or the rest of this year,who gets more Fish/Deer/Wolves/ Elk and Grouse.I'm in for fun only...

Looks like ole logcutter knows he's screwed if he takes your bet Greenhorn!

logcutter, you should either accept or deny this bet here on the elk forum. If you want to make a different bet then you should go to the "Fish/Deer/Wolves/ Elk and Grouse" forum to do it. Problem is, normal 11 year olds have school. School is a place where children go to be educated. I doubt that GH's son will have as much time to spend afield as others that dont attend school. Thats why the original bet is perfect.

Are you going to take the bet?
Posted By: sgt217 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/11/12
He won't...

Why not..Never backed down from a challenge or a fight in my life and never will....Me and the clan will give it a shot if there's any big bulls left around here,which I doubt.But hey..Just the fun of it and maybe rethinking caliber this year so I can ass shoot 'em too. grin

[Linked Image]

Jayco
Posted By: SLM Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/11/12
Just a guess ,but I think you are going to have to do MUCH better than that.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/11/12
Roadkill??
Originally Posted by SLM
Just a guess ,but I think you are going to have to do MUCH better than that.

No doubt SLM, but to me it was either taking the bet like a man or chickening out and I don't chicken out..Rather loose like a man trying, than run like a coward.

Elk is Elk to me and I'll shoot whatever presents itself and smile all the way to my freezer.

I'm taking the RV today back down to the Whitebird(not orofino) area and enjoy a place that hardly ever gets snow or ice like Orofino and enjoy some fishing and hopefully,some Wolf sniping, maybe even chase some sheds where they winter.

Cabin fever here big time. grin

Jayco
Another picture of someone else half your age?
For the record, the little guy would be super pleased with a bull elk half that size. We'll see what happens. laugh
For the record, the little guy would be super pleased with a bull elk half that size. We'll see what happens. laugh

How much of the hunt is he going to do? If you find the elk, and setup the shot for him. He didn't really do anything but make the shot. What gun will he use? Longest distance he'll take a shot?

Logbiter would be smarter taking my challenge. Old, crippled, blind old man using a muzzleloader who still hunts deep timber alone. I have to get almost as close as a bow hunter. I barely have enough strength to pull the trigger.
How about some Elk camp photo's to keep cabin fever at bay.

This year roughing it. grin..My wifes favorite spot so that's where we camped...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jayco
tennis shoes go great with that golf cart.
They do Loco as well as my sorrels and also work well in my wall tent.

[Linked Image]

I spent one logging season in one just like this except up high where we drug it with the cat.Quite comfy for one person.

[Linked Image]

Jayco
How men camp.

[Linked Image]
Mouse Hunter, are you usually the big spoon or the little spoon?

Good God. Look at these guys. I love the world wide web, way better than a late evening shopping trip to Walmart.
Posted By: Calvin Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/11/12

Good God. Look at these guys. I love the world wide web, way better than a late evening shopping trip to Walmart.

grin
Doesn't everybody want to be Jeremiah Johnson?

[Linked Image]
Nice photo from www.rockymountainoutfit.com/..Are you part of the group or did you just take the picture from there website?

We have quite a few here that go to Rendezvous and have one local here just a mile or two out of town once a year.

Jayco

Especially when you take in some high octane brew..I think 9 topics in 2 minutes is a site record by Greenhorn.

Jayco grin
Nice photo from www.rockymountainoutfit.com/..Are you part of the group or did you just take the picture from there website?

We have quite a few here that go to Rendezvous and have one local here just a mile or two out of town once a year.

Jayco

In the process of joining. It's not easy to get in the AMM.

Hard for me to change your name. It's funny enough on it's own.
In the process of joining. It's not easy to get in the NAMBLA.
Never could figure out why guys see a need to change someones quote.

Is that something you hoped I would say?
Posted By: rosco1 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 03/12/12
its all fun and games till someone busts a hip.
I could use a new hip. I seem to have worn mine out.
laugh Look out -He's got his certificate and his 2012 Montana Elk license.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ranger1 Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 04/02/12
I'd say good luck to him but I don't think he's going to need it.
laugh Look out -He's got his certificate and his 2012 Montana Elk license.

[Linked Image]

Tell Tyler congrats! We need to get him and Shane together for a little hunting this fall....
Even though I'm a Kalifornian, I'd feel pretty confident putting my outdoor prowness up against most here........EXCEPT and that's a HUGE EXCEPT...Greenhorn or Scenar.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Choose your battles wisely.....

laugh

Logsplitter, get your deer yet. First day he could legally hunt deer. Up next... E.L.K.
[Linked Image]
Awesome!
Posted By: Brad Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 10/22/12
If I were a betting man...
Nice deer!! Congrats!!
Posted By: Lonny Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 10/22/12
That's one heckuva buck to start out with.

Congrats
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 10/22/12
Logsplitter, get your deer yet. First day he could legally hunt deer. Up next... E.L.K.
[Linked Image]

Greenhorn: Thats veddy cool for your son! Excellent first deer, or last deer...

But do you really think its fair to put a first timer kid in a contest with Turdcutter? The kid doesnt have a Buick to hunt out of, or a brown tarp to shoot and photograph... grin
Logsplitter, long time. How's the hunting been. Bet you're glad you never made any bets.
Posted By: BWalker Re: 2012 LOGSPLITTER CHALLENGE - 02/12/16
Lol.
How did you do last season, Greenhorn.
© 24hourcampfire