Home
I know there are lots of folks out there that swear by the partitions. I'm looking at either the interbond 225gr or the TTSX same gr.

Who has good stories on the interbond???
I've taken 3 elk with 225 Hornady Interbonds out of a .338 Win.
Two complete pass troughs and one chest shot that traveled stem to stern.
Good mushroom, and if I remember right, retained weight was over 200.
All three elk dropped fast and died quick, no problems.
I have used both in the .338 Win and .338 RUM and either will kill elk with aplomb.

I've shifted to the 210 TSX to pick up the speed and trajectory as it still has plenty of ass to do what I ask on elk and beats which is all I use the .338's for.
The 130gr 270 Wins were deadly on the elk I shot with them.
A 165 interbond out of my friends 30-06 didnt penetrate as well as we thought it should have on a quartering to shot at 75 yards. It broke the shoulder and then deflected back instead of driving straight through. When I tested them on milk jugs and paper they opened pretty quick and didnt penetrate as far as I like. But then I am a barnes tsx fan and its hard to beat the tsx for penetration.
They are probably fine just not my choice. Dean
180 IL from 300 WSM bang flop on bull at 200 yds.
Based on the above...I'm feeling good about the choice, but still have the TTSXs as an alternative
165's from a .30-06 at 75-ish yards:

1 pass-through on a lung shot, not a ton of expansion as evidenced by the exit hole.
2nd slug buried in the offside of the skull: classic mushroom, decent weight retention.

They shot great in my rifle. Not sure controlled expansion is really needed at '06 speeds, though.

FC
another good experience with .270 130gr superformance IB--Bill
.300 WSM 180gr Interbond.

3 elk shot. 3 elk killed with 1 shot. Between 75 yards to 250 yards. They open up real big and retain good weight. I likey!
JJHACK has done about as much on-game testing of Interbonds as anyone:

Severe Interbond Testing

TSX & Interbond Resukts (scroll down a bit)

FC
[Linked Image]

Was happy with interbond on elk last year. This is far side shoulder. help together well and elk ran about20 yds after being hit. The hornady bullets shoot very accurately out of Tikkas based upon my experience.
Use a 165 grain interbond out of my 7.82 Patriot. Elk dropped in its tracks, like a folded shirt. The shot was approximately 175 yards and hit in the neck. I have taken a few white tail deer with the same round and they drop fast. I am a fan of the Interbond bullet.
Good experience with 30-06 165gr IB, 2 elk, 3 deer and 2 caribou. All one shot kills out to 330 yards.
© 24hourcampfire