Home
Posted By: COhuntr CO GMU 76 - 12/26/12
Did anyone hunt 76 this year and what kind of luck did anyone have, I had the early rifle tag for this year and took it back and not sure if I want to draw it for next year.
Thanks Jim
Posted By: exbiologist Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/26/12
Why did you return it?
Posted By: COhuntr Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/26/12
I spent 22 days backpacking/scouting and never seen a bull over 320 and thats not what I was looking for
Posted By: Kenneth Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/27/12
Dozens of people would have giving left testicles for that tag, and you just returned it?

And now you're thinking of possibly reapplying for that same tag?

You've lost me....
Posted By: COhuntr Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/27/12
Well with the drought we are having I want to give the unit another try, but when I am using 17 pts I am trying to use them the best way I can, so that is why I am trying to find out how anyone else has done in that unit
Posted By: navlav8r Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/28/12
Why accumulate 17 points (as a resident I assume)? I got into area 76 several years ago as a non-resident with either 9 or 10 points. Wherever you draw, you're going to lose any excess points but I think some of the areas in NW Colorado have the reputation for the largest bulls and require the most points. Area 76 does have some nice bulls but if I had 17 points and wanted something bigger than a 320-350 class bull, I'd try those areas noted for the largest bulls.
Posted By: COhuntr Re: CO GMU 76 - 12/28/12
76 non res is 18 and res is 12 now
© 24hourcampfire