Home
If you applied online in AZ for the elk/antelope draw, check your card to see if it has the corresponding charge and you will know whether you drew or not!!!
Nothing yet for me, but the purchase I made on the card yesterday is not up yet either. Fingers still crossed.
My son and brother got hits, for elk.

I'll be a resident in May, so next year for me hopefully.
Nada...
Don't count yourself out yet.
I think this process takes a few days it not near a week?
Somebody else might know?
Was checking my credit card balance early this morning and was alarmed to see a fresh charge - hah, $114 by AZDG&F!! The only area I put in for was 7W. Will find out around April 1 where my tag is - hope it is 3018, but anything is great.
The way I understand is they have the first go-round of charging cards. Of course, some people are going to not have the available funds, or their card carrier is going to void the charge. They then fill those slots. A buddy of mine last year got one of the 2nd chance tags, if you will.

Chances are slim, but there is still hope.

Also, Jake I think most people are having luck calling the card company instead of waiting for it to pop up on the statement. Of course, I tried telling my dad this last year and I did not know what I was talking about, but low and behold when he finally called wha-la! There was a $114 charge there and he had an elk tag!
Seems my f.i.l's card was hit....that means he and my b.i.l will be hunting Elk this year..
And the sad part of it is is they invited me to put in with them this year on the same ticket but me being hard headed and of course trophy minded once again put in for the hard to draw hunts which I will do next year and the year after and so on.
But I will most likely be going with them this year so all is not lost.

Yee haw!!!!!!
Just got confirmation from my f.i.l on his cc hit.
Man!! Nice.
Mine hasn't been hit yet. The odds of me getting a tag now are far slimmer than they were to start with, which was at best, 3%.
Charge came thru tonight... $342. Me and 2 buddies are going elk hunting this year!
$587.50 and 11+ years of draws and I'm in for U27 archery
In CO they charge your CC regardless, keep the money for a few months and then refund if you don't draw.
<rant> Not a big surprise, at least some temporary revenue to float the state along in the absence of a real economical plan </rant>
My cardgot hit. I'm sure hoping after 40 years of applying for a rut hunt that i finally got lucky. Course i feel pretty lucky just getting a tag.

Fred
Either my wife or I drew. Probably my wife. But we are going elk hunting this year. Sweet.
No reduction in my balance due to AZGFD frown
Wife got a rut hunt unit 23 north,13 years of putting in, I got drawn last year 13 years also.
7mm08 will do the magic this year for the wife.

Look out Wapiti she has a eagle eye.
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
No reduction in my balance due to AZGFD frown

So?
Does anyone know if they are done hitting cards or does it flow into next week?
Ya I'm really curious about that too since my card has not been dinged yet. It would be good to know for future reference.
I did a little searching and found where some said they knew people on the inside and they will continue on through the weekend.
Take that for a grain of salt though because this is the govt afterall.
This is hearsay but there is no official info and won't be...

If you aren't hit in the first couple days you didn't draw... for those who's cards failed for whatever reason, they will get three contacts by G&F to make payment within a short period... then the tags will go to the next in line of the no draw'ees after charging their cards once.

Seems to be right as there is an initial rush of hits then a couple day lag, then some stragglers... also some companies don't show hits right away... but it should be over in 4 or 5 days.

Haven't heard of any new hits since friday morning.

Kent
I heard of a guy getting hit thursday night late but nothing else since that. Sounds about right to me even though I didn't want to hear it.
I refuse to believe its over...... cry
My card was hit on 3-20 Wednesday
talked to a freind yesterday - he stated he had a text or message from G&F the other day - guess he blew off an elk tag!!???

dumbass - im like what else could it possably be other than the draw and your creditcard.

i had told him to check his card before the draw - especially when you apply for the early bull tags on first and second options!!
My Card was hit but no details, as of yet!!! I put in for cow hunts and one bull hunt as my last choice. Can't wait to see the results.
When was your card hit?
Originally Posted by Blueboat
Wife got a rut hunt unit 23 north,13 years of putting in, I got drawn last year 13 years also.
7mm08 will do the magic this year for the wife.

Look out Wapiti she has a eagle eye.

If it's like years past, there's not a much better hunt to be had than that 23N tag.
Originally Posted by OCSarge
My Card was hit but no details, as of yet!!! I put in for cow hunts and one bull hunt as my last choice. Can't wait to see the results.

Because of the way the draw is structured, you cannot draw a bull tag with anything other than a 1st or 2nd choice. You have to put in for the hardest tag to draw first and next hardest 2nd or you waste your picks.
I guess I am going elk hunting! They charged my card on 3/20 for $587.50, so that means either a unit 9 or 1,2,3 archery bull tag (my only choices). At first I thought AZ might have messed up and just charged everyone by mistake, but it sounds like that's not the case...I guess I will let myself get a little more excited, but I will feel better when its "official". When I know the unit for sure, I'll put a note out to see if anyone is willing to share some info...any help would sure be appreciated. It's been five years since I spent time in the White Mts, and never much on the south rim.
Originally Posted by Salmotrutta
I guess I am going elk hunting! They charged my card on 3/20 for $587.50, so that means either a unit 9 or 1,2,3 archery bull tag (my only choices). At first I thought AZ might have messed up and just charged everyone by mistake, but it sounds like that's not the case...I guess I will let myself get a little more excited, but I will feel better when its "official". When I know the unit for sure, I'll put a note out to see if anyone is willing to share some info...any help would sure be appreciated. It's been five years since I spent time in the White Mts, and never much on the south rim.

Let us know which hunt number. Either one of them is good, but 3130 is usually better than 3117 in terms of overall quality and aesthetics.
Dennis - any word yet on tag draws - ? Don't see anything on the AZGFD site yet.
Originally Posted by DARBY
Dennis - any word yet on tag draws - ? Don't see anything on the AZGFD site yet.

Not Dennis, but the results are available on the website now. I checked mine tonight. I must be a lucky dude, as I drew a cow tag (late general, Unit 10) with only one point. I hunted that late hunt last Dec for a bull but never even saw one.

Good luck to all those who drew those rut tags! And boy do I wish I had that unit 27 archery tag.

Geno
© 24hourcampfire