Home
If you haven't put yours in now would be a good time...
Last day to just apply for points too?
Originally Posted by BWalker
Last day to just apply for points too?

As far as I know, yes. You have until 4/8 to make corrections to apps.
I mailed mine in about 3 weeks ago. I went back to the gym the next day. I'm pounding the stair climber.
It will be interesting to see how many app's they get this year - if the protest went well they would get half as many out of state app's or less.

Given a out of state is 10 times what an in state is...
Mine went in about three weeks ago also - now just trying to get this 62 year old body in shape.
Yep, missed it. Damn chaotic on this side of late. Not that I could hunt this year or likely the next 3 or 4 but always wanting the point...
When will I find out if I was able to draw my first choice or not?
First week of June most years
Originally Posted by Primal_Phil
When will I find out if I was able to draw my first choice or not?

If you go onto the CDOW website, you will find their schedule of anticipated results release dates.
I bet I'm going on a sweet muzzy hunt this year!
Am I the only one that got screwed and was charged twice by the state? I was told they had a computer issue and that they would refund one of the charges right away. not yet any way...oh well
Well being I'm pissed at CO government, seems I didn't miss a thing. Probably let all my points expire too.

Phuggin liberal idiots running a great state into the ground.
Sorry Dink, I have one more point than you....that muzzy tag is mine! You'll need to settle for rost's tag this year cool

rost - you won't lose your points unless you don't apply for three straight years. We'll save ya a basin to hunt when you come back grin
You loose them if you don't apply in 10 years, not 3. Good luck to all who applied.
Good luck to all who applied and a big "Thank you" to all the non-residents who protested our new laws by not applying.

If I wasn't a CO resident I think I'd be hunting Wyoming for elk and deer this year. Already plan to go there for antelope again.
Blackbrush, no, you're not. Call the department, they'll get your money back. An excerpt from their emails to me is below. PM me if you'd like some contact info:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your help and patience during the OCI error situation. I am happy to report that the vendor has identified everyone that they believe was affected with the error and refunds have been processed to all of those customers.

While the refunds have been initiated on our end, please let the customers know that their bank may take several business days to release the money back into their accounts.

All of the customers that tried to apply the morning of April 2nd and received the OCI error will have one of their application attempts activated and will proceed through the draw process. (Including those that only attempted to apply once.) The charges for the activated application will remain on their cards.

As always, please feel free to transfer calls to my number or have folks email me if they have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Good luck to all who applied and a big "Thank you" to all the non-residents who protested our new laws by not applying.

If I wasn't a CO resident I think I'd be hunting Wyoming for elk and deer this year. Already plan to go there for antelope again.

Agreed. Stuck here for now, but that will change some day. Next year thinking Iowa, SD, Wyoming, and maybe Nebraska will get my money.
Sorry for all you fine folks stuck in the middle of a liberally elected state government. Wish you the best in voting the worthless bastards out.

In the meantime the best I can do for the situation is vote with my pocketbook as I can't at the ballot box.

For the rest, YMMV would apply I assume. I guess I"m getting old when principles trump hunting.
My integrity and beliefs are worth more than $575. Good luck to you folks in Colorado.
Called my guide last week and said sorry, heading back to NM again. When you get your politics corrected, I'll think about it. That's four from our group not going back. He understands and is scrambling to fill his spots.
I hope he keeps your deposit......
Yep, missed it this year but I have a load of points for the area I hunt and won't be seeing it for 3 or 4 years.
I probably won't be able to listen in, but during the commission meeting on Friday in Alamosa they will discuss hunter and angler trends at 8:30am. I'd like to see if applications actually took a hit.
I sure hope the boycott was in full force. Hoping to draw a sweet archery hunt that was two years away from my grasp.
CPW servers were overloaded the last Sunday before the close of big game application time. I don't think this ever happened in the past.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Called my guide last week and said sorry, heading back to NM again. When you get your politics corrected, I'll think about it. That's four from our group not going back. He understands and is scrambling to fill his spots.

Just curious- what did you draw for permits in NM?
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
...a big "Thank you" to all the non-residents who protested our new laws by not applying.

You're welcome. For the first time in probably 15 years I didn't send an application to Colorado. I'll be spending my recreational time and money elsewhere this fall.
I hope everyone gets what they applied for! I'm waiting until July so I can get my deployed Soldier preference points so I can accumulate points that hopefully I can use in 2014!
© 24hourcampfire