Home
Posted By: coltchris WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
Anybody know when they're drawing? Should be soon. Getting anxious!
Posted By: davidlea Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
Yep, I've been checking. Best I can get is "late February". Finally have enough points to at least stand a chance to draw my area. Good luck.
Posted By: slg888 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
Not sure either, but when that happens I'll look forward to receiving my $100-1200 bucks back!...don't remember the exact amount. smile
Posted By: amr7333 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14

As best as I remember, it is usually between the 22nd and the 28th of Feb. It has been as early as the 20th in the last couple of years. I would start looking hard then.
Posted By: Berettaman Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
how do you look? i stand a good chance at drawing, so I am pretty anxious!!!
Posted By: hunterjrg Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
I thought they always did the drawing on the 15th and notified you by the 28th

I await also. I got 6 or 7 points. Can't wait to see. I have not been to WY since I think 2004
Posted By: slg888 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
Originally Posted by Berettaman
how do you look? i stand a good chance at drawing, so I am pretty anxious!!!
1st year for me....not looking good.
Posted By: DrHJH Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
We had the drawing odds, produced after the drawing, on the 13th last year. As we have gotten into the computer age, it seems to take longer despite everyone applying on-line, using credit cards. In the past, checks with insufficient funds used to hold up the drawings, along with banks taking two weeks to transfer some money, and duplicate applications by people who "forgot" they had already applied, or had their secretaries or wives apply, forgot and submitted another application. The auditor's office would never allow the drawings to be held until everything balanced. Now? I don't know.
Posted By: sheephunter2 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
I'd say Friday the 21st. This Friday.
Posted By: WITUfan Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14
I'm with sheephunter2. I'm guessing Friday. I sure hope I have a tag coming this time!

Good luck to all of you.
Posted By: amr7333 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/17/14

Berretta:

Go the Wyoming Game and Fish and look for the Hunting link. From there go to draw results.
When I checked earlier, they still had the 2013 link up for draw results.
Good luck.
Posted By: amr7333 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14

I asked WG&F on their Facebook page today when results should be posted. They promptly replied it would be on Feb. 28 when they release the Non-Resident results.

If you have FB, you can go to their page and maybe learn more.
Posted By: davidlea Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
Originally Posted by amr7333

I asked WG&F on their Facebook page today when results should be posted. They promptly replied it would be on Feb. 28 when they release the Non-Resident results.

If you have FB, you can go to their page and maybe learn more.

Cuts it a little tight if you're waiting on the elk draw results to plan your deer and antelope draw. I hope I have the problem of deciding what to do.
Posted By: coltchris Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
Ditto that David!
Posted By: sheephunter2 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
It's gonna be this Friday. Day after tomorrow.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
Just talked to WY G&F, and they said they expected/hoped to have the info by this Friday.

Here's hoping they come up with the right answer for all the guys at the Fire.

Steve

Posted By: Berettaman Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
kinda funny how excited we are about this. I am not sure i want my wife to know how much I am looking forward to finding out!
Posted By: ranger1 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/19/14
Where'd you apply Dean? I'm still a few years out on drawing a good WY elk tag again. The spot I have my eye on is absolutely ridiculous for big bulls though. I've seen some giants in there throughout the fall and nobody seems to hunt in the area.
We are in a quantity area more than a quality area.
Sent you an email Nate.
Posted By: WITUfan Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/20/14
Originally Posted by Berettaman
kinda funny how excited we are about this. I am not sure i want my wife to know how much I am looking forward to finding out!

It is a bit like Christmas for me, but not quite like the opening day of spring turkey season! smile
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/21/14
Friday, 21 February

Just talked to Wy G&F this morning and they said they had been working on the Elk draw all week and do not know when they will announce the results, but they were hoping for today.

Steve

Posted By: slammer Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/21/14
Lots of guys counting on it being today. I have checked several times already today but nothing yet.
Posted By: ScoutinWyo Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/21/14
Official word.

The February draws for Nonresident Elk, Nonresident Cow/Calf and Spring Turkey have been completed.

The results will be posted at 10:00 A.M. Monday, February 24, 2014.
Posted By: hunterjrg Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/21/14
It will be a long weekend. I called for room reservations today anyway. Gotta be optimistic.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14

Wy G&F website has a notice that non-resident elk draws will be posted at 10:00 this morning.

Good luck guys!

Steve
Posted By: BradB Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
you can back door check by going to wy auditors report and see if they are sending you a refund. I am getting a $50 pref point refund......so I will be chasing elk in Unit 11. I have some info but if people have more help on the unit the more the better.!!
Posted By: slammer Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
I tried the backdoor and could never get through. They have the 2013 draw results and pref points down on the G&F website so gotta be getting close.
there up now on the site

2014 License Draw Results
License Type Results Area/Type
Non-Resident Elk with Preference Point Option Successful 011-1

If you feel that any of this information is incorrect, please wait for your license/refund to arrive by mail before calling the Wyoming Game & Fish Department. If you have not received your license/refund by March 28, 2014 please call us at 307-777-4600.

Super Tag or Super Tag Trifecta
Apply for an opportunity to hunt any big game, trophy game and wild bison. Click to apply
I am not seeing that info yet.Hmmmm
Posted By: Berettaman Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
I get the announcement, but when I click on it, I go to a page that again says Results but is not clickable.

By the way, I live in the central time zone. I logged on at 1005 and then realized it was Mountain time. Ahhhhhhh!
Posted By: LostArra Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Bull tag : no
One more pref point
Cow tag : yes

I'm always happy to be going.
how did you see that?
I saw on another site that they were posted and I checked and mine was listed..per the copy paste above
Posted By: scopey58 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Log on at wgfd.wyo.gov/drawresults/frmsearch.aspx Another pref pt for me and a cow tag. Have 9 points now.
John
Well another pref point for me too.
Posted By: Tally_Ho Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Same here, 8 points now.
We didnt draw a general tag with 1 pp. we had about an 80-some percent chance and we were that unlucky. Bummed out.
Posted By: amr7333 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14

Sucessful here! Our little party will be in Wyoming in the fall.

Congrats to other sucessful ones and condolences to the unsucessful.
Posted By: coltchris Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Nope! Pissed!
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14

Got an any elk license, and I'm delighted.

Have already gotten 2 6X6's in years past, and will be looking for another. Even if I don't get one, it is a helluva lot of fun to hunt them.

Steve

Posted By: 1minute Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Sssccooooooooooooooooorrrree! Gen tag with one preference point. I'll be heading out 05:00 Oct 12 to get camp in, scout, and fish a bit before the season starts. Life is good!
Posted By: Browntailguy Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
We scored too. 120-1. Congrats to all that drew
Posted By: WITUfan Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
Another preference point for me. Oh well, we should draw an antelope tag unless the odds change again. I just want my old man and me to go on a western trip of some kind this fall!

Congrats to all who were drawn!
Posted By: davidlea Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/24/14
I almost feel guilty because of all that didn't get drawn-but after all this time I did!! Area 19, probably not the best unit to burn max points but I've been in there a good bit and figure I could get it done (or at least have a great hunt) by myself. Congrats to all that drew! Good way to start the week!!
Posted By: elkslayer53 Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/25/14
Buddy and I got general tags too. Looking forward to some early archery action then rifle season if needed. Will be a great time in some beautiful country.
Posted By: Boise Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/25/14
"Unsuccessful" for a hunt cow hunt that had been 100%
Posted By: hunterjrg Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 02/25/14
Did not get mine but going for mule deer anyway
Posted By: DSF Re: WY Elk Tag Draw Date? - 03/01/14
My wife and I drew unit 118. My nephew lives out that way and will scout some this summer. Has anyone here ever hunted this unit?
© 24hourcampfire