Home
Posted By: saddlesore Colo Left over ftags - 07/25/14
Left over tag list is now posted on Colorado CPW website,

Tags go on sale, August 5th. Both OTC and left overs.
Posted By: CliffyA10 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/26/14
How does a non resident get a tag now?
Posted By: CliffyA10 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/26/14
Never mind!
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Thanks Saddlesore. When they say that there are multiple areas grouped together and you need to go to the first area in the group to find out how many tags are available...how do you know which area is the first area in the group? One of our guys forgot to mention he was hunting as a member of a "group" and did not draw a Cow tag, so he needs to call on the 5th.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Look at the online big game brochure, or your hard copy.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Thanks. I couldn't find it on-line but it is on my Cow Tag. Thanks Again.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Just checked it out, looks like areas that almost never sell out are out this year.
I'm set but a couple of friends are going to have to settle for OTC Bull tags
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Originally Posted by Tracks
Just checked it out, looks like areas that almost never sell out are out this year.
I'm set but a couple of friends are going to have to settle for OTC Bull tags

Tracks, yea, I noticed that. I was planning on some left overs and they are very shy this year. CPW never said they were cutting a lot of tags, but it looks like they did.

I bet it's going to be a zoo on August 5th with everyone looking to scarf up any tag let alone one they really want
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Don't forget that online sales are possible on the 5th now too. No need for lines
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
Do you believe that the internet sales will be live and as timely as being at the DOW office? Also, will the servers be up to the task? Sounds like a good option, if the answer is affirmative. (I'm just remembering a couple years ago when there were some issues for the online draw registration near the deadline).
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/28/14
no idea. It's the first year of this
Posted By: 30338 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/29/14
I'd be shocked if there was a problem with a government run website.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/30/14
Lots of leftover cow tags but none for Unit 4. Bummer.

Looks like my 2nd tag will either be an OTC bull tag or a cow tag for Unit 3 or 12/23/24.

Will probably go for the OTC bull tag as I already have a cow tag. Last time I had two cow tags I had an easy opportunity at a great bull. All I could do was watch him walk away.

A leftover cow tag for 12/23/24 is really tempting, though.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/30/14
I talked to a CPW guy at the COS office yesterday. Seems they are a little worried about computer sales choking up the server since this is the first time left over and OTC tags are on sale the same day.
He advised having a backup plan, which I thought was pretty stupid advice considering any desirable tags will long since be gone by the time someone figures out the computer isn't working and has to travel any distance to get to a license vendor.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/30/14
Backup plan is hunting pheasants in SD.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/30/14
Saddlesore, good info, thanks. Guess I'll be standing in line this year.
Posted By: las Re: Colo Left over ftags - 07/31/14
Originally Posted by 30338
I'd be shocked if there was a problem with a government run website.

Oh, yee of little fuggin faith! smile
Posted By: 30338 Re: Colo Left over ftags - 08/05/14
I am shocked....but not surprised.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Colo Left over ftags - 08/05/14
Since RFW tags are "A" list tags this year, I bought a leftover cow tag for Unit 3, 3rd rifle.

Hopefully I'll get a cow on Snake River Ranch and won't need the second tag, but if not I can extend my hunt by several days without moving camp.

The purchase process went smoothly, no hiccups at all.
© 24hourcampfire