Home
My oldest daughter, Rylie, moved into her first apartment in Bozeman this fall while attending her second year of MSU.

As a budding young adult and not flush with a lot grocery money, she has been bound and determined to fill her freezer with elk meat for her and her two roommates and a few other friends.

Mission accomplished!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We hunted hard all day Saturday and saw a nice bunch of elk but couldn't quite get an acceptable shot as they fed into the timber.

We had high hopes of the herd coming back out in the evening but the wind picked up and we didn't see much until right before shooting light ended.

Thankfully this bull made a quick appearance and we made a mad dash to get in position for a shot before shooting light expired.

After some belly-crawling and a few tense moments, Rylie made a heck of a 300 yard shot on this nice six point.

Dumb Dad dropped his pack in the heat of the stalk so I had to backtrack and pick it up and get the camera so the pictures are not the best as it was pitch black before we found the bull piled up 30 yards from where he was standing when she took the shot.

Nice job feeding the village, Rylie! laugh

It was a really fun weekend to spend some one on one time with her as she is very busy with school and I don't get that opportunity as much as I'd like.

Now to get the youngest kid one as soon as her volleyball season is over.

Good luck hunting, fellow 'Fire members!
cool!
Nice!
Alright!!

At least a semester's (or two) worth of chewing for her and friends!
Very nice! What caliber, etc?
Great job Rylie! Kudos to dad.
That's awesome..Congrats to the young lady.
Wow FishN, you must be very proud. That bull is more than just a freezer-filler. Congrats to the both of you!
Good for HER!

I went through college feeding myself and some friends on the venison I took. GREAT way to introduce anyone that hasn't experienced wild meat like elk and deer!

Congrats!
Congrats! Great elk and beautiful young lady! You should be very proud!
grinMade my day!! Beautiful young Lady whose DAD brought her up RIGHT taking care of business with great style grin I'll tip a drink to her success (and yours -DAD) later on! grin
Great work! I hope my daughter does the same thing in a few years!
Originally Posted by NTG
Very nice! What caliber, etc?

Remington 700 CDL stainless fluted 30-06 topped with a Swaro Z-6 2x-12 shooting 180 grain Federal Trophy Bonded tips.

If any of you guys haven't tried the Trophy Bonded Tips I'd give them a chance, man I love those things.

I shoot them out of my .300 WSM, Rylie shoots them out of her 30-06 and my youngest daughter shoots them out of her .308.
grin....and Rylie shoots a 30-06 to boot!!! Man, that Lady ROCKS!! grin
Congrats to your daughter & you! Well done, that's a really nice bull.
Congrats!!

I remember those college / university days....needed to go and get a few deer and some ruffies and if lucky a moose.

Helped fill the freezer and eat good for the winter at school.
Congratulations to both of you on a job well done.

donsm70
Congrats for sure, but dad needs to tax her atleast the backstrap off one side for family use of course and what happened to the 280 those girls were rocking? Magnum Man
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Congrats for sure, but dad needs to tax her atleast the backstrap off one side for family use of course and what happened to the 280 those girls were rocking? Magnum Man

You have a good memory regarding the .280!

Well the oldest one decided she liked the 30-06 (I think it was mainly due to the Swaro attached) and the youngest liked the way the Kimber Mountain Ascent looked in .308 so Dad was out a few bucks as you have to keep the ladies happy! The .280 now sits idle in the safe....

And I taxed her two tenderloins so she paid a small butchering fee!
Awesome!!!!
Very nice job there. Beautiful bull.
Congratulations
When she decides to fill the freezer, she doesn't mess around, does she? grin
Congratulations!

The young hunter did well. Three hundred yards in failing light is some good shooting - and dang - that's quite a bull.

Someone taught her well...

Regards, Guy
Very nice! Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for many more memorable hunts together.
That is awesome!

What kind of terminal performance are you seeing from the Trophy Tips?
She'll never find a husband if she keeps that up! grin grin
Too Cool!!!
Where's the picture of her elk? All I see is a pretty girl. powdr
Very cool.... Great bull.
Dang nice job!!
Nice!

She reminds me of my college days of figuring out how to fill the frig/freezer with "free food". The local trout stream and deer population likely have recovered since me and my buddy's college days. wink
What a tremendous experience.
Lucky lady and dad.

I just wish I had a freezer back when I was in college.
Congrats to the both of you! Beautiful bull-and a freezer full of good eating. Way to go dad and daughter!
Very nice Chris!
Great animal and hunt.
way to go!
Congrats to your daughter for fulling the freezer and killing a great bull.
Outstanding - great bull and a great day with your daughter. Congrats to Rylie (and Dad) wink
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'll bet she will but it surely won't be "Pajama Boy." wink

Congratulations to daughter and father!

L.W.
Way to go, looks to be a very nice bull and lots of good eating! With a freezer full, her place is likely to be popular this winter.

I love it! Good job!

Casey
The only thing cooler than pictures of a son hunting with his father is pictures of a daughter doing so! smile

John

Way to go Rylie!

Mike
Congrats Rylie!

Now you can help the poor college students who are living off Top Ramen. smile

You might even think about having a small amount made into jerky. Elk jerky tastes great!
Excellent, and best wishes for college...
And a picture for her "other" college friends grin

[Linked Image]
Congrats to your daughter.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'll bet she will but it surely won't be "Pajama Boy." wink

Congratulations to daughter and father!

L.W.

I bet that she never will find one if she uses her dad as the standard to judge by. Most young guys today would come up way short in smarts and hunt skills. Congrats again on a great hunt and keeping your girl from starving. Magnum Man
Congrats to daughter and Dad for being a great mentor.
Thanks for all the kinds words, 'Fire guys.

Pretty cool to have something that the girls and I can do that is just our "thing".

And believe me, I appreciate and am thankful for every second I get to spend in the outdoors with them.

They are really remarkable, well-rounded and grounded young ladies and I couldn't be prouder.
Excellent job to both of you; way to be!
Congrats ! Well done all around...
Vittles collected!

CONGRATULATIONS
Congrats to both Dad and Daughter!!!

My Daughter #1 is moving back to CO from the east coast and wants to hunt elk next fall. This would be her first elk hunt and I can't wait.
© 24hourcampfire