Home
Posted By: blairvt Idaho outfitter recomendation - 02/26/15
The nonresident DAV hunting with 3-day fishing license, $31.75, allows the nonresident disabled veteran to purchase reduced fee nonresident Disabled American Veteran tags for deer $23.75, elk $39.75, bear $23.75, or turkey $19.75

I found the above information and that convinced me to go to Idaho. Can anyone recommend s good, reliable outfitter
Nobody?
Sorry but I know of no outfitters to recommend. My comment is on those tags. Nonres deer and elk tags can be used to take a bear, wolf, or cougar should you encounter one. So, you can save the price of the bear or wolf tag and still be able to hunt them. However, if you do use your deer or elk tag that way, you can't get another tag for deer or elk. It doesn't save you much with these reduced price DAV tags but it makes a lot of difference with regular price tags.
Deadwood Outfitters - http://www.deadwoodoutfitters.com/

Tom & Dawn Carter - good people, have spoken with them for several years here at the Great Eastern Outdoors Show. Several hunters I know locally have used their services with good results.

At least two groups that I know of, I'm in one of the groups, are going out this Fall with them for elk. Most in the groups are repeat customers.

PM me if you want.

© 24hourcampfire