Home
Let's hear it! I'm in the process of research before heading to the range.
What do you want to know exactly ?
Fusion. Great groups and kills elk dead. My Tikka loves them.
Deer, elk, moose, black bears, sheep. What is your favorite.
150 gr. Nosler Partition, an almost perfect bullet for the game you mentioned.
What do you think about the 140 Accubonds for the game mentioned above?
How do bullets battle anyway?
Originally Posted by super T
I fully agree. It's almost the ideal all around bullet. It has very little more drop than a 130 and hits harder when it gets there.
Nosler 140 grain Accubonds!
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Let's hear it! I'm in the process of research before heading to the range.

FWIW- I have been working up some loads for the ABLR 150 gr. bullet for my .270 WSM. So far, the most accurate loads are, well, okay- 1 1/4 in at 100yds.

However, the 130 Nosler E-Tip shoots lights-out from my rifle, at a MV of 3300 fps. With a BC of .459, this bullet flies flat and has relatively low wind deflection.

If the ABLR bullet had shown better accuracy, say in the .5-.75" at 100 yd range, I would have stuck with it. As it stands, the E-Tip gives that accuracy, and I've used it on deer past 300 yards with good results. I suppose the merits of a lighter, faster monometal bullet vs. a heavier, higher BC, bonded bullet can and will be debated all day long. This fall, I will be cow elk hunting, and the .270 WSM with the E-Tip will likely be going along.
I run the 150 PT in my 270 WSM. Pretty good combo at over 3100. They shoot real well wth RL22 and 25. Either powder seems to get good accuracy. I also have a bunch of 150 BBCs which shoot to the same POI as the PTs. The 150 PT and 270WSM is just about my favorite combo below .30 caliber.
150gr hornady interlock and magpro powder
Any users of 140gr Swift A Frame or 150gr Woodleigh bulkets?
150 partition. Easy to find and reasonably priced.
I think the 150 grain Partitions are great. That being said, I would also use the 140 grain A/B without a hitch. Both bullets are great, would depend which one shoots the best.

Just something to chew on.
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Any users of 140gr Swift A Frame or 150gr Woodleigh bulkets?

Never tried any of the Swifts in the 270 WSM but have in my Mashburn and 25-06. Bullet performance in my tests have been excellent and they have shot well pretty easily in both cartridges.

Only tried Woodleighs in the 7mm Mashburn and 348. 348 shoots them real well, jury is out on the 7mm Mashburn.
Originally Posted by aheider
150 partition. Easy to find and reasonably priced.

Understatement of the year^^^^^^:

150gr. nosler partitions at a great price...
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by super T
I fully agree. It's almost the ideal all around bullet. It has very little more drop than a 130 and hits harder when it gets there.

I'm in this camp.
Bought 150 of them to try. Getting better accuracy from the 140 Accubond, plus fewer deformed tips.
They are pretty accurate out of my Model 70 with RL22 and IMR7828 around 3100..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This was my 2012 300 yard zero target with the PT's..

[Linked Image]

I really like the combo. Hasn't ever let me down.

It is a tough SOB too..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They always shoot great in my rifles too Scotty... This thread is really making me want to shoot my 270!!!
© 24hourcampfire